Do the Voices of Liberty include "Let It Go" in most of their sets now?

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
Or is it rare? I saw them perform it on youtube and it was fantastic.. was hoping to see them do that song live but does anyone know how often they actually include that song in their performance?

Cmdr_Crimson

Shark meet Fonzie.

It can also be..
nuke-the-fridge.jpg

Or...
frying-the-coke-e1303257349505.png

llrain

It could happen, They did start doing True colors, so anything's possible.It sounded weird coming from them, still not quite sure I like it..still trying to process it

DicksonGR

The first time I saw VOL was last year. I had been ten times previously to WDW and must have missed them. I would now go out my way to see them. I really love the song "Let It Go" so that would add to it tremendously.

FettFan

I think the Voices of Liberty should stick to patriotic songs, like "Grand Old Flag" and "God Bless America". Disney songs just don't fit their act IMO.

Or rather....American Folk Music.
They also do such classics like "Rockytop Tennessee", "Shenandoah", and "Susannah."

But now that they're doing modern pop music, I wonder how I can convince them to sing the Spider-Man theme?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I've heard that, following the success of their rendition of "Let It Go", the next song they're adding to their repetoir will be Miley Cyrus' "Party In The USA". Pop meets patriotism!

Oh, and, in case you didn't notice, I am very much AGAINST the inclusion of "Let It Go".

FerretAfros

VOL has performed A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes and When You Wish Upon A Star for years, so I just sort of see this as an extension of that. At this point, it's more than just a song from the current studio push, it's become somewhat of a phenomenon. No, none of those songs are my favorites by them, but this is hardly breaking the trend

Now if they really wanted to expand their Disney-related set list, I'd put in a special request for this:

Matt_Black

Eh, still hasn't got old for me. Love it to bits. "Happy" on the other hand went from "Hey, this isn't bad" to "Hey, I really like this song" to "Wearing thin" to "I'm so sick of this song!" in record time.

Kuzcotopia

One thing a lot of performers hate is doing the exact same thing over and over. They want to mix it up, try something new. . . Challenge themselves and the audience.

I bet that working up the harmonies and trying out Let It Go for a crowd has been fun for them.

Traditional Choirs revise and arrange pop hits all the time, and it's not just because it pleases the "dumb crowds." It's a different kind of challenge, and it keeps things fresh for the performers and the composers.

Let's enjoy what they do. A year from now, it will be different. . . This is what they want to do for now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom