Do Not Smoke Today Please!!

Maria

Original Poster
It´s International Non Smoking Day.... and I decided to start a thread for the old times´sake! :D

Hope you are doing fine and help us all in having a better life and environment! :animwink:

María :wave:

Maria

Original Poster
...and as soon as I posted it, one of my coworkers entered this office with her awful smoke smell... gggrrrrr....

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've only had two "puffs" since 1991... Still get tempted though :cry:

Effective today, all of Ontario is under new rules. Smokers can only smoke outside or in their cars/homes. [A lot of folks are upset.] Any patio with any form of roof or awning is now non-smoking. No smoking in publicly-accessible buildings, restaurants or bars.

:sohappy:

dandaman

MontyMon said:
Effective today, all of Ontario is under new rules. Smokers can only smoke outside or in their cars/homes. [A lot of folks are upset.]

Not me. :D :sohappy:

Though I can't help but wonder how Windsor/Essex County's tourism will be affected by this latest change...

barnum42

dandaman said:
Not me. :D :sohappy:

Though I can't help but wonder how Windsor/Essex County's tourism will be affected by this latest change...
They were worried in Ireland when the ban came in a year or so ago, but by all accounts it's not had any detrimental effect :sohappy:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Maria said:
It´s International Non Smoking Day.... and I decided to start a thread for the old times´sake! :D

Hope you are doing fine and help us all in having a better life and environment! :animwink:

María :wave:

Ooops... read this thread too late... I've been smoking all day. :lookaroun :D :goodnevil

Enderikari

MontyMon said:
I've only had two "puffs" since 1991... Still get tempted though :cry:

Effective today, all of Ontario is under new rules. Smokers can only smoke outside or in their cars/homes. [A lot of folks are upset.] Any patio with any form of roof or awning is now non-smoking. No smoking in publicly-accessible buildings, restaurants or bars.

:sohappy:

Grrrr.... this makes me angry... There is no good reason for a smoking ban, but it is so politically correct that people are heralding it as a good thing to remove people's right..

(Coming from a non-smoker)

sillyspook13

Enderikari said:
Grrrr.... this makes me angry... There is no good reason for a smoking ban, but it is so politically correct that people are heralding it as a good thing to remove people's right..

It's for people like me who get violently ill if they smell smoke.

"Sure, I don't mind if you smoke around me- as long as you don't mind if I vomit on you!":hurl:

Enderikari said:

Whenever I breathe in too much smoke, I get really ill. It's not fun, and it's made me avoid anywhere that could have smokers like the plague (restaraunts with smoking sections being the most prominent, since I'm not 21..). I'm glad my state took up smoking restrictions. Honestly, I don't see why we don't just make tobacco illegal, it kills so many people from both 1st and 2nd hand smoke...

bsandersjr

Taryn said:
Honestly, I don't see why we don't just make tobacco illegal, it kills so many people from both 1st and 2nd hand smoke...

For the same reason alcohol is not banned. Too much tax money being collected.

Enderikari

Taryn said:
I'm glad my state took up smoking restrictions. Honestly, I don't see why we don't just make tobacco illegal, it kills so many people from both 1st and 2nd hand smoke...

Ummm....Second hand smoke has never been proven to be harmful to anyone... All tests and research done concerning the effects of second hand smoke have been thrown out by the scientific community and by a court of law... Every report that says that second-hand smoke is harmful stems from the same EPA report which has been declared bad/biased science, that threw away real data to arrive at a politically determined conclusion...

In short, anyone who says second-hand smoke is harmful, is either lying to you, or repeating information that somebody told them, that was also a bald-faced lie

Keep in mind... I am still a non-smoker

DMC-12

Enderikari said:
Ummm....Second hand smoke has never been proven to be harmful to anyone... All tests and research done concerning the effects of second hand smoke have been thrown out by the scientific community and by a court of law... Every report that says that second-hand smoke is harmful stems from the same EPA report which has been declared bad/biased science, that threw away real data to arrive at a politically determined conclusion...

In short, anyone who says second-hand smoke is harmful, is either lying to you, or repeating information that somebody told them, that was also a bald-faced lie

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

You beat me to it.

You just said it for me... I had to go back and delete my post :lol: :wave:

Enderikari said:

Keep in mind... I am still a non-smoker

Ah...I stand corrected :eek:

But I still hate smoking, lol :hurl:

Enderikari

Taryn said:
Ah...I stand corrected :eek:

But I still hate smoking, lol :hurl:

That's cool... Personally, I don't like the smell of it either... And I will be the first to jump in a tell a guest to smoke in their designated areas... But far be it from me to tell them to stop smoking when they are doing it legally, and in full compliance with Disney Policy...

DMC-12

Enderikari said:
That's cool... Personally, I don't like the smell of it either... And I will be the first to jump in a tell a guest to smoke in their designated areas... But far be it from me to tell them to stop smoking when they are doing it legally, and in full compliance with Disney Policy...

Thats what I do. I know where all the smoking sections are in wdw by heart... and no need to offend someone with my habit.

I tell fellow smokers where they can find the nearest smoking section as well... if I see them "out of bounds" so to speak.

Us smokers have some of the nicest hidden little nooks and crannies in WDW to smoke in. I enjoy relaxing in them and lighting one up while people watching. Other guests have complained on my most recent trip a couple of weeks ago, like: "Sheesh... they really hide these things, dont they?" or... "Aw man... we are treated like lepers!" -- and I point out.... "Hey... we have some of the nicest, quietest parts of the park to smoke in." And they responded... "You are right... I never saw it like that." :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom