DO I UNDERSTAND THIS?

yensid1967

Original Poster
We are going to Disney and just wanted to make sure I understand how GENIE+ works...
We will be staying off site, we can plan our Genie day the day before? Are GENIE+ selections only at Park open time for off site guests?
Once our first GENIE+ is used we can get 2nd or 2 hours after first?
I know we can go into GENIE and select our rides that we are interested in, then GENIE displays them first when we are making ressies?

Any help is appreciated!

nickys

Premium Member
We are going to Disney and just wanted to make sure I understand how GENIE+ works...
We will be staying off site, we can plan our Genie day the day before? Are GENIE+ selections only at Park open time for off site guests?
Once our first GENIE+ is used we can get 2nd or 2 hours after first?
I know we can go into GENIE and select our rides that we are interested in, then GENIE displays them first when we are making ressies?

Any help is appreciated!
You can plan which rides you’ll try for. And whether to get them for your morning or afternoon park if hopping.

But you can’t choose your time for the rides. So on the day you have to make the decisions as you book.

First one can be made starting at 7am.

Next one can be made at the earliest of:
- tapping into the first
- 2 hrs after the park opens

And repeat.

That’s the basics.

However if I remember correctly your trip is still 18 months away. Chances are very high that things will have changed by then. So there is no point in trying to understand the minutiae of the system at this point. There have already been changes since it was introduced.

yensid1967

Original Poster
You can plan which rides you’ll try for. And whether to get them for your morning or afternoon park if hopping.

But you can’t choose your time for the rides. So on the day you have to make the decisions as you book.

- tapping into the first

And repeat.

That’s the basics.

However if I remember correctly your trip is still 18 months away. Chances are very high that things will have changed by then. So there is no point in trying to understand the minutiae of the system at this point. There have already been changes since it was introduced.
YES I am hoping that GENIE+ is replaced with something BETTER and EASIER, I just want to know the basics so I understand them now and incorporate any changes into my understanding! THANKS!

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Genie+ selection starts at 7am for both onsite and offsite guests.

It’s the separate Individual Lightening Lane rides that offsite guests are limited to park open while onsite can select at 7am. Those are the high demand rides not included with G+, like Rise of the Resistance or Ratatouille.

Disstevefan1

- tapping into the first

And repeat.

That’s the basics.

Ha good point. We could I have a totally different system by then.
One more thing. the OP is off site. I thought only on site folks could be able to start Genie + at 7AM and off site folks must be in the parks?

Or can anyone from anywhere start the selections at 7AM as long as they have a park ticket and a park pass reservation?

nickys

Premium Member
Ha good point. We could I have a totally different system by then.
One more thing. the OP is off site. I thought only on site folks could be able to start Genie + at 7AM and off site folks must be in the parks?

Or can anyone from anywhere start the selections at 7AM as long as they have a park ticket and a park pass reservation?
Genie+ is everyone at 7am.

For ILLs (the paid for special ones) it’s onsite only at 7am, others must wait until the park opens.

Diamond Dot

My experience of Genie+ may not be the same for you, I ended up getting a refund before midday even though the website states it is non refundable and I hadn't asked or expected one, the lovely CM saw my disappointment I expect. I had it for one day and that was when I had a DHS reservation. I was on at 6.58am and thought I got a reservation for ToT for 9:.15am, but, because LLs go fast when I checked it it had changed to 11.20am. As soon as I tapped my band I went onto Genie+ to get a reservation for TSM that came up as 1:50pm, but, when it was confirmed it came up as 7:45pm and I realised that they go so quickly that you think you'll get that time, but, in the time it takes (seconds)to book then confirm it gets pushed back later and later. I would not use the Genie+ again. The CM did give me one tip, it works best in parks that have lots of attractions, which is basically only MK, but, the popular attractions would also go fast even there I should imagine and you can only do it for each ride once.
I did have a bonus though, I used the Magical lenses while waiting to go on ToT and they were really good, however, I thought I would lose them when I got my refund, but, my phone automatically backed them up to the SD card in it as it does with all my photos as soon as they are taken and I found them last week and that is about the only good thing about Genie+ so make sure you use that part as much as you can and save the photos immediately.

yensid1967

Original Poster
Genie+ selection starts at 7am for both onsite and offsite guests.

It’s the separate Individual Lightening Lane rides that offsite guests are limited to park open while onsite can select at 7am. Those are the high demand rides not included with G+, like Rise of the Resistance or Ratatouille.
THANKS!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom