Do I really need a reservation?

graphite1326

Original Poster
Arriving on September 22nd (Saturday) around 3:00. Should I make reservations around 6:30 or just show up? Never been there and don't know how crowded this place is. The reason I am asking is because if i miss my connecting flight or for some reason the flight is cancelled I would not be able to cancel in time.

Prince-1

Arriving on September 22nd (Saturday) around 3:00. Should I make reservations around 6:30 or just show up? Never been there and don't know how crowded this place is. The reason I am asking is because if i miss my connecting flight or for some reason the flight is cancelled I would not be able to cancel in time.

Yes should make a reservation there.

HouCuseChickie

I have no idea where you want to eat, but considering your date is during free dining, it would probably be unwise to just try and show up wherever and expect to be seated.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There are lots of reservations to most places in the normal/slow times within the 24 cancelation window (to avoid the fee, people dump)....

Probably 90% of the places. My recommendation is make a reservation 2-4 hours in advance once you know you’re settled and can make it...it works well.

HouCuseChickie

Oh yeah I guess I should have put that in. I was thinking The Wave.

While it’s normally an easier ADR to snag and often has openings last minute, we had one trip where we tried to get it last minute and couldn’t touch any dinner slots before 8pm. We were trying to get in before MVMCP, but couldn’t. So, I’d make a reservation if you know that’s where you want to dine.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
While it’s normally an easier ADR to snag and often has openings last minute, we had one trip where we tried to get it last minute and couldn’t touch any dinner slots before 8pm. We were trying to get in before MVMCP, but couldn’t. So, I’d make a reservation if you know that’s where you want to dine.

I think you solved it, Watson!

graphite1326

Original Poster
There are lots of reservations to most places in the normal/slow times within the 24 cancelation window (to avoid the fee, people dump)....

Probably 90% of the places. My recommendation is make a reservation 2-4 hours in advance once you know you’re settled and can make it...it works well.
that sounds like a good plan.

NYwdwfan

Are you staying on site? I would think if your flight was late and you explained it to your resort the concierge they would be able to reverse the cancellation fee.

Amos1784

From our experience as well I would suggest the making a reservation 2-4 hours in advance just the day of. There are plenty of times restaurants will say they are not taking walk up's and there are still reservations left to get and seats available. With the reservation you will have that guarantee.

graphite1326

Original Poster
Are you staying on site? I would think if your flight was late and you explained it to your resort the concierge they would be able to reverse the cancellation fee.
Staying at POP. My next question was going to be; what's the best way to get there? Go to MK and take the monorail?

graphite1326

Original Poster
It's probably a shorter walk to the Contemporary from where the POP bus drops you off than to walk all the way up the ramp to the monorail.
Depends. Sometimes they drop us off right at the front of the park. Sometimes they drop us off at a different resort bus stop. Sometimes they drop us off at the POP bus stop. I should probably look into how to walk there from the bus stop.

Phonedave

Depends. Sometimes they drop us off right at the front of the park. Sometimes they drop us off at a different resort bus stop. Sometimes they drop us off at the POP bus stop. I should probably look into how to walk there from the bus stop.

Act like you are going to walk to the monorail, but go in the opposite direction. Really, it's that simple. Facing the MK, go to your right on the sidewalk. It takes you right there.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom