Do guys run in the Princess Half Marathon??

curiousmanners

Original Poster
My girlfriend wants to sign up for the princess half marathon and reading the runDisney website I couldn't help but notice the women centered theme and language in the description. So my question is has anyone gone noticed any guys running as well or would I be out of place?

Thanks for the help!

dreamfinder

Guys do most definitely run it. However, as you mentioned everything is geared towards women. All the vendors are really aimed at women, anything in the goody bag is for females, although I do think they now offer a mens shirt (used to be womens cut only). Corral A is women only, the first guys will be put in corral B. I think when I ran it 2 years ago with my mother and sister, there were maybe 600? guys in the field out of like 15,000 runners. Told some of my single friends later that the odds would definitely have been in their favor........ Heck, I even ran it in a kilt. (Wicked comfy by the way) It's a fun race, just be prepared to be lost in a sea of tutus and fairy wings.

Ariel484

Yes, my brother and I ran it in 2011. I think the ratio of women to men was something like 30:1!

One thing to keep in mind - make sure to pay close attention to the tech shirt sizing when you register. In 2011 all of the shirts were women's cut/sizing...I think they may have added a men's option but I could be confusing that with the Tinkerbell Half. o_O

wilkeliza

You are allowed to run. I think last years even had 1500 men. They have also added a uni-sex option for the race shirt. My boyfriend and I are hopefully running this year.

wiigirl

And a man CAN NOT come in first.

Pretty sure he will get tripped before that happens... :p
75.gif

fmingo36

The other thing to be aware of, the year I did the Princess run the race bibs had PRINCESS CORYNA on it. So chances are you will be called Princess George or whatever your names happens to be on your race bib.

Ariel484

The other thing to be aware of, the year I did the Princess run the race bibs had PRINCESS CORYNA on it. So chances are you will be called Princess George or whatever your names happens to be on your race bib.

My brother's bib just had his name. I think because you indicate your gender during registration they know whether to make it say "Princess" or not. :) Of course, that didn't stop me from referring to him as "Princess Craiggy" all weekend. :D

imagination30

My brother's bib just had his name. I think because you indicate your gender during registration they know whether to make it say "Princess" or not. :) Of course, that didn't stop me from referring to him as "Princess Craiggy" all weekend. :D

how is Princess craiggy btw shannon?, have heard much since that trip!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I ran it last year.....the womens bibs have "Princess XXXX" on them, and the guys just have their first name. The bibs are all different colored depending on who you said your favorite princess was at registration. It was a great race, and seemed a bit more relaxed than the WDW 1/2 that is run a month before.

As a guy, you feel like you are running the wrong race, because they are so few and far between. It's still a Disney race though, and it's my favorite route to run.

a2grafix

I ran it last year.....the womens bibs have "Princess XXXX" on them, and the guys just have their first name. The bibs are all different colored depending on who you said your favorite princess was at registration. It was a great race, and seemed a bit more relaxed than the WDW 1/2 that is run a month before.

As a guy, you feel like you are running the wrong race, because they are so few and far between. It's still a Disney race though, and it's my favorite route to run.

Now that I have a runDisney race down, considering on training for a half-marathon. (<== Never thought I would type that sentence out, EVER. Halfs and fulls for me have been dreams, but I guess now achievable.)

What is the route for the Princess Half? Has to be a little bitter than the Tower 10 miler, though I can't really complain since I enjoyed the out and back and in the dark of Tower.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
The route for the princess is the same as it is for the WDW 1/2. Start outside EPCOT, go down world drive, through the MK toll gates, through the TTC, Under the water bridge - past the contemporary. Backstage into the MK - down main st, Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, out to the left of Splash Mtn, Through backstage float storage and out past the GF and Poly. Back down World Drive, Up an onramp toward EPCOT - Into EPCOT and done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom