Do Disney Store employees get discounts at WDW?

materbuddy

Original Poster
We will be getting a Disney Store at our local mall. I was looking to apply for a position. I know it is a lot of work, but I am used to the retail experience. I was just wondering if the Disney Store employees get discounts on tickets, dining plan, merchandise etc?

MarkTwain

Great question; I wish I knew the answer.

I will say that although Parks and Disney store cast members are separate departments, Parks cast members get 20% merchandise at the Disney store. Perhaps the reverse would be true as well?

Matt_Black

I know they get something. My sister is a former Disney Store cast member, and she got discounted tickets, or something. However, since she had to buy them separately, we then as a family couldn't get the dining plan.

ElvisMickey

We will be getting a Disney Store at our local mall. I was looking to apply for a position. I know it is a lot of work, but I am used to the retail experience. I was just wondering if the Disney Store employees get discounts on tickets, dining plan, merchandise etc?

Coming from a former Disney Store CM, yes. We would get free entry into the parks and discounts on hotel rooms and merchandise. I THINK food too, but it's been a few years since I've worked for the company.

beachlover4444

I worked at the Disney Store when we were still Disney employees with lots of Disney Merch. An adult section/kids section/plush mountain/etc. Then they switched them over to mostly Disney toys r us...All the collectibles and watches and ties and most of the merch changed. It looked trashy. I hardly go in the stores anymore... They need to restore them back to what they were... We wore the blue sweaters back in 1996-2000...We got 2 tickets every 6 months, 35 % discount. But believe me if they knew you wanted the job because of the discounts you didn't get hired... They hired people who loved Disney...period... I worked in the downtown Cleveland, OH one that is now closed. We have a couple still in the area... Not sure if they are considered real castmembers or just plain old workers.

beachlover4444

Too bad it seems the trend is to be closing Disney Stores in malls. My local one closed about a year ago. Remember how great they use to be when you would walk in as a kid.
yes I used to work in Cleveland. And the west side one was a "special" Disney store with more collectibles. I'd go get my watches and Ron Lee's and things you couldn't get anywhere else. Now they are like toys r us Disney toy stores.

ChesterKiwi

Too bad it seems the trend is to be closing Disney Stores in malls. My local one closed about a year ago. Remember how great they use to be when you would walk in as a kid.
I think the Disney Store at my mall's been closed for like a good 6+ years...it was so disappointing for a young me.

mousehockey37

We don't even have Disney stores, we have Disney Outlets where I am. It's a disgrace really. Right now, the current set up looks like this, front left corner is Star Wars and some other boys stuff, mid left side is a mix, back left corner is the Disneyland excess corner and clearance racks. Plush mountain is in the middle, back right corner of store is babies, right middle is girls, front right corner is Frozen... Where you walk in the door is whatever special is going on. Oh, and by the cash register queue there's a small Disney Parks stand where there's mugs and the same 2 pins and yeah...

Sadly, it's the same stuff that's been there forever. Even though they're an outlet, I wish they could still get some decent stuff. The last neat thing I got there was a Goofy Bowling Shirt (and I had to go to a different outlet about an hour away to get that). I wanted the Oswald bowling shirt but they didn't have it in my size :(. I guess it's too much to ask to get some other park merchandise or even just some neater stuff designed for the stores AND outlets, but oh well...

Haylo

yes I used to work in Cleveland. And the west side one was a "special" Disney store with more collectibles. I'd go get my watches and Ron Lee's and things you couldn't get anywhere else. Now they are like toys r us Disney toy stores.

I grew up in the area too and I used to love that store!!! I hated going to the mall and doing any kind of shopping, but I put up with it because my parents let me spend as much time as I wanted looking through all the awesome collectibles at the Disney Store. I couldn't afford anything, but I loved to think about what I would buy when I was finally an adult and had that money to spend. The room with all the sketches and animation cells was my favorite and I spent a ton of hypothetical money in that room ;).

Now, that half of the store is long gone and 95% of what sell is clothes/toys geared for kids under the age of 8. There's one set of shelves for mugs, one set for adult clothes, and if you're really lucky - some kind of collectible figurine series. It's cramped, crowded, and it's lost all of it's magic. I still go in occasionally, but it's no longer a "must stop" location and I always end up leaving disappointed and empty handed.

wcjordan06

I am a current part time TDS cast member, for fun,and we get the same discounts/park benefits as every other cast member in the company, ABC, ESPN, etc etc.

thomas998

I think it just depends on the area where you live and whether the malls are dying or dead yet. In some parts of the US the malls aren't dead yet... other part they were pretty much dead for the past decade.

BraveGirl

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT! Sorry to be bumping this 8 years later but I know a lot of things have changed since 2015. Does anyone know if Disney Store employees still get WDW perks? We only have one left in NYC (and it's the most famous one in Times Square) and I'm wondering what those CMs get (are they even considered CMs still?)

My mom worked at a Disney store in our local mall from 1997-2003 and got so many amazing perks. You can tell from my signature what years she worked there because we went all the time and stayed at deluxe hotels lol. Then the store closed so it was back to All Stars and Pop for us haha.

castlecake2.0

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT! Sorry to be bumping this 8 years later but I know a lot of things have changed since 2015. Does anyone know if Disney Store employees still get WDW perks? We only have one left in NYC (and it's the most famous one in Times Square) and I'm wondering what those CMs get (are they even considered CMs still?)

My mom worked at a Disney store in our local mall from 1997-2003 and got so many amazing perks. You can tell from my signature what years she worked there because we went all the time and stayed at deluxe hotels lol. Then the store closed so it was back to All Stars and Pop for us haha.
Yes Disney Store being part of consumer products was merged into the parks segment 2018ish. They get most of the same perks as parks cast, with a couple differences here and there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom