Do any USF attractions stay open during the Mardi Gras parade?

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
A quick question that many Google searches cannot seem to answer:

Our upcoming Universal vacation will be over February break (President's Day week), so the Mardi Gras parade will be happening nightly at USF. I read on one website that USF "shuts down" entirely during the Mardi Gras parades. Can anyone tell me if that's accurate? I was hoping that if we avoid the parade route (e.g., stick to attractions on the east side of the park), we would still be able to tour USF on our arrival day while the parade was going on. However, if all of the attractions close down at parade time, we might be better off spending our evenings at IOA instead.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

lebeau

A friend of mine wrote a trip report a few years ago when he was at Universal for Spring Break. I will see if I can find it. I remember he groused quite a bit about being trapped by the Mardi Gras parade. This actually seems to happen to him quite a bit as he tries to squeeze in rides while everyone else is experiencing the parade. I'll try checking with him and see what he says about whether or not the rides remain open. I will actually be there for Mardi Gras next year, but not until after your trip.

lebeau

A friend of mine wrote a trip report a few years ago when he was at Universal for Spring Break. I will see if I can find it. I remember he groused quite a bit about being trapped by the Mardi Gras parade. This actually seems to happen to him quite a bit as he tries to squeeze in rides while everyone else is experiencing the parade. I'll try checking with him and see what he says about whether or not the rides remain open. I will actually be there for Mardi Gras next year, but not until after your trip.

My friend got back to me and he remembers that he was exiting the Mummy when he ran into the parade but he couldn't remember for sure if they were closing the ride down at the time. So I can confirm that the rides are open, but I can't say for sure that they run through the length of the parade.

Disneyhead'71

I believe that it depends on which night. On week nights the parade happens at park close so the rides are closed. But on weekends the rides stay open because the park is open after the parade.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom