do any disney parks have drone shows?

J4546

Original Poster
I was at Universal and they have a really cool drone show above harry potter land, really great stuff to look at. Dollywood also just added a drone show. Does disney have one or plans to add some? I could see disney developing a really really cool show that takes place over the castle, maybe a combo of drones and fireworks even. I read that disney spends like 50 grand for each fireworks show at each park minimum, so I imagine they could save a bunch of money long term by employing drones and having less fireworks. I love fireworks btw Im not saying to get rid of them, I just think using drones could be really cool.

Raxel7851

Quite a few years ago they had one at Disney Springs during Christmas. There were literally hundreds of them flying forming different scenes. We were on the boat from POFQ to the Springs and the Captain said he had to wait near Saratoga Springs until after the show. The reason being in case any of the drones had “issues” and fell into the water. Once the show was over and we continued on, sure enough there was one of the security boats picking up a drone from the water. The show was pretty cool though.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Quite a few years ago they had one at Disney Springs during Christmas. There were literally hundreds of them flying forming different scenes. We were on the boat from POFQ to the Springs and the Captain said he had to wait near Saratoga Springs until after the show. The reason being in case any of the drones had “issues” and fell into the water. Once the show was over and we continued on, sure enough there was one of the security boats picking up a drone from the water. The show was pretty cool though.
It was a great show. We went over to DS just to watch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom