do airport employee's get a discount ?

hrmom26

i have a job interview with my local airport, do airport employee's get discounts at disney hotels? , off airfares? or tickets?
just wondering :D
thanks

MickeyTigg

hrmom26 said:
i have a job interview with my local airport, do airport employee's get discounts at disney hotels? , off airfares? or tickets?
thanks

Not that I'm aware of...but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

hrmom26 said:
thanks

Do airport employee's get any discounts? No, none at this time.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

TiggerRPh said:
Not that I'm aware of...but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Actually...it's not the sort of thing you should ask during the interview. Maybe when you get the job...

I think, certain hotels & certain airlines have mutual agreements-the airline employees get a discount because they house in-flight staffs during layovers. In exchange for the sheer volume of business the airline gives them, they give the airlines' workers a discount. As a purely hypothetical example, maybe United Airlines employees get a discount at Sheraton hotels and resorts, or maybe Continental has an agreement with Hyatt. But that's so the in-flight staffs--pilots, navigators, layovers, maybe air marshalls--can get rooms for a layover, no matter where in the country they are. And in exchange, maybe those hotel's employees get discount on airfare. But since Disney doesn't own hotels all over the country, I'd think it unlikely they'd extend that kind of discount, because, frankly, there's nothing in it for them.

But hey, maybe over on International Drive...

Upvote 0

tink81

I would think that you would not receive any discounts on airfare. Discounts/preferred rates are usually reserved for airline employees and travel agents who are actually selling and promoting the product. I would not bring up this subject in your interview, it is considered poor form.

Upvote 0

nutjb18

Disney is alittle conservative with their interline discounts. You may get something with cruiselines and hotels though. A friend got a really good discount on a cruise and he works for UPS as a truckdriver. Since UPS is also a registered airline he was eligible for interline rates. Hes not eligible for disney at this time but they do continuously add companies to the list of places where he can get a discount. Type interline discounts into google and do some research, you might be able to find a discount, probably not in disney though.:( Try the swan and dolphin too since they are not run by disney they might be applicable.

Upvote 0

kennygman

No, but you are entitled to random searches. Please make sure that you remove your shoes before entering the world and remove all laptops from their cases :)

Upvote 0

Laura670

I don' know about airport employees but airline employees do. My father works for American Airlines and we get discounted airfare. I know that he has gotten travel deals in the past for Disney. Hope this helps:animwink:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Currently...

We normally offer discount marketing offers to:

AAA members (varies seasonally)
Annual/Seasonal/Premium Passholders (varies seasonally)
Florida Residents (varies seasonally)
Select Airline Employees (comercial carriers only, not private or cargo carriers)
Select Travel Agents (must have an association with Disney)
Walt Disney Co. Cast Members
Walt Disney World (Florida site) Cast Members
Select Wholesalers and Business Partners

From Time to Time we offer to:

Broad Offers to the general public
Direct Mail Offers (aka PIN offers; sent directly to Guests by postal or e-mail)
Disney Visa Card Members
Military / Department of Defense Personal
International Residents (mostly UK and Canada)
Select Business Partners

All offers are subject to change or withdrawal at any time without notice. All discount marketing offers are for a limited time and for a limited number of rooms per resort for each date in the offer period. We offer no set or guaranteed discounts (not even to Cast.) Past offers do not predict future offerings.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom