DME - Time from Airport to MUSIC

disneytopdog

Lots of variables in that question. What day are you arriving? What time of the day are you arriving? Rush hour on the highway will play a big roll as would the inbound flight load at MCO. Are they combining resorts on one bus?

Last September it took about an hour to get from MCO to POFQ on a Sunday morning, they also put Saratoga Springs and Old Key West guest on our bus.

The September before that on a Sunday morning arrival it took 45 minutes but the bus only had POFQ on it and it wasnt that full

Upvote 0

Phonedave

For me, it has always been one hour +/- 15 minutes from the time I deplane to time I walk into the resort lobby.

Time of day, day of week, and the resort do not matter.

-dave

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Are they combining resorts on one bus?

I am arriving at 11am on a Wednesday. I know my bus shares with Sports, Music and Movies.

They can and often will combine with other resorts beyond those. If they only have 10 guests going to All Stars, they may toss the guests from say CBR or Poly on the same bus. They do try to keep them near each other, but they may combine resorts to fill em up.

As PP's have said, you should be there within about an hour. Of course variables will throw that estimate the wind.

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

I second that. I usually always stay at AS Sports and its usually one hour from DME counter to AS Sports, give or take a few minutes. I've traveled at at various times of day and it is always the same. :wave:

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Are they combining resorts on one bus?

I am arriving at 11am on a Wednesday. I know my bus shares with Sports, Music and Movies.
There is NO way of knowing in advance what resorts you will share a Disney's Magical Express bus with. The fact that the three All Stars resorts share Disney Transport buses (the buses that run between the resorts and the theme parks) has NOTHING to do with the groupings on Disney's Magical Express buses.

DME was always a shared-bus system. It was never envisioned that you would get on a bus that goes to only one resort ... never. It could possibly work out that way if they know enough people are going to that resort at the same time, but I imagine that's a pretty rare occurence. By policy, there is a maximum of 4 resorts per DME bus. But if the bus contains resorts that are in two or more different DME zones, then it's a max of 3 resorts per bus.

Generally speaking, they want to group DME buses by geographical area, but this is not always the most efficient way to do it. For example, there might not be any guests arriving at the same time as you who are going to the other two All Stars resorts ... unless there are supposed to be about 50 of you arriving around the same time, your DME bus will go to other resorts in addition to your one All Star resort.

The groupings of resorts change on a constant basis. Because reservations are required, they know about how many people are going to which resorts at about what times, and therefore they're able to make bus groupings that maximize efficiency. As far as the ROUTE a bus takes, that is decided 100% by the driver ... there are no rules about the ORDER of drop-offs for a given bus. The only exception to that is Polynesian and Grand Floridian: if there are guests from both resorts on the same DME bus (which is very common since they are next-door to each other), Poly guests MUST be dropped off before GF guests, due to the simple fact that a large motorcoach coming from GF can't physically make the tight left turn into the Poly complex that would be required if coming from that direction.

The DME bus/luggage zones are as follows:

MK - Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary (and Bay Lake Tower), Wilderness Lodge (and villas)

EC - BoardWalk (and villas), Yacht Club, Beach Club (and villas), Caribbean Beach Resort

AK - Animal Kingdom Lodge (and villas), Coronado Springs Resort, Pop Century, all 3 All Stars

DD - Saratoga Springs Resort (and Treehouse villas), Old Key West, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Figure that it shoud take you about an hour once the bus starts rolling. It shouldn't be any longer than that unless traffic conditions make it much more difficult.

Upvote 0

sandybeach

Cool to have an idea of time even with many variables. I'll be at AS Music during some of the same time (11/20-27) and CANNOT WAIT!!! We are going to MVMCP on 11/20 and this is our first family trip.

ASM Family Suite 11/20-11/27

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom