DME luggage delivery without luggage tags

MadamMansion

Original Poster
For our upcoming trip to WDW on 12/30, DH and I completely forgot to schedule our DME ride until literally today, so of course we won't be able to receive luggage tags in time. :banghead: However, the cast member we spoke to on the phone today told us that we can still use the luggage delivery service, we just need to stop at the DME kiosk at MCO and give them copies of our claim tickets before boarding.

Disney's website also states "Once you arrive at Orlando International Airport, go directly to Disney's Magical Express and speak with a Disney Cast Member...If your flight arrives between 5:00 AM and 10:00 PM, please provide us with the checked baggage claim numbers that you received from your airline when you checked your bags. We will obtain your information, collect your luggage and deliver it to your room at your Disney Resort hotel."

Does anyone have experience with tagless MDE luggage delivery? I want to believe but it makes me extremely nervous...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I did it a number of years ago. It worked well for me. I provided my claim stubs and printed digital photos of each bag. At the time, they had a huge sheet of luggage to select what yours looked like, my photos eliminated the need for that.

They collected my bags and they were in my room when I returned from the parks later that day.

nickys

Premium Member
Any overseas visitor does exactly this every single day. It's fine. We have used it when we fly into a hub airport, which is most often tbh.

What makes you nervous? The only thing I can think of would be the fact that the cases are hauled off the carousel, rather than behind the scenes. Unless you have designer cases that you think someone will covet, I doubt there are many people at MCO intent on stealing bags. The only people still there when the last bags come off are the people still waiting for their own, everyone else is already headed off to their vacation.

MadamMansion

Original Poster
I didn't know that overseas guests never get luggage tags, that makes me feel much better!

Definitely do not have designer bags, or anything that someone would specifically want to steal, and theft isn't really my concern. I'm mainly worried that my bags will just spin around the carousel forever, and just end up abandoned at the airport. Of course in that case they could be retrieved, but an extra trip to MCO on NYE doesn't exactly sound like part of a *magical* vacation. :p

Mostly I would like to be reassured that my incompetence with booking DME isn't going to cause significant hassle during the trip (because of course I could just grab the bags off of the carousel myself and haul them to the bus). And both replies have done that, so thank you!

nickys

Premium Member
I didn't know that overseas guests never get luggage tags, that makes me feel much better!

Definitely do not have designer bags, or anything that someone would specifically want to steal, and theft isn't really my concern. I'm mainly worried that my bags will just spin around the carousel forever, and just end up abandoned at the airport. Of course in that case they could be retrieved, but an extra trip to MCO on NYE doesn't exactly sound like part of a *magical* vacation. :p

Mostly I would like to be reassured that my incompetence with booking DME isn't going to cause significant hassle during the trip (because of course I could just grab the bags off of the carousel myself and haul them to the bus). And both replies have done that, so thank you!

International guests don't get them for 2 reasons. Mainly because Disney don't send us anything in the mail (DVC do, but not Disney :(), but also because we have to go through customs clearance with our bags at our entry point to the US.

If the bags were, for any reason, to be mislaid, Disney would take care of retrieving them and delivering them to your room for you anyway. :)

Alan Hague

For our upcoming trip to WDW on 12/30, DH and I completely forgot to schedule our DME ride until literally today, so of course we won't be able to receive luggage tags in time. :banghead: However, the cast member we spoke to on the phone today told us that we can still use the luggage delivery service, we just need to stop at the DME kiosk at MCO and give them copies of our claim tickets before boarding.

Disney's website also states "Once you arrive at Orlando International Airport, go directly to Disney's Magical Express and speak with a Disney Cast Member...If your flight arrives between 5:00 AM and 10:00 PM, please provide us with the checked baggage claim numbers that you received from your airline when you checked your bags. We will obtain your information, collect your luggage and deliver it to your room at your Disney Resort hotel."

Does anyone have experience with tagless MDE luggage delivery? I want to believe but it makes me extremely nervous...
Worked for us last year. Same thing. They found our bags and delivered to our hotel room within a couple of hours

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom