DME and two different arrival times at the airport

oliviosis

Original Poster
I'll be flying into Orlando and my husband will be driving in from Tampa. He is planning on turning in his rental at the Orlando airport and meeting me to head to the resort via DME. However, he won't be arriving until around noon and my flight gets in at 10:30 am. I entered my flight info when I made the DME reservation but now that he's going to be delayed arriving at the airport that day, do I need to reschedule DME? It doesn't seem like I can do it online since it requires the flight #. Or does the time we actually get on the bus even matter? Has anyone gotten on DME a few hours after you were scheduled to arrive?

CheshireCat12

Our last trip we were delayed and arrived about 2 hours late. We just scanned in at the DME checkpoint and they sent us to our bus line. No issues. If you reserve a seat they will fit you.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There's no requirement that you immediately board DME when you arrive. People shop and dine in the airport, it's not unreasonable.

Rob562

Knowing the arrival times for DME is mostly to allow them to plan for the passenger load for staffing and number of buses. It's not critical that you head right there after you get off the plane.

That being said, the one time that is *is* important for them to know your arrival time is when you're scheduled to arrive late in the evening. The DME desk does eventually close, though if they know they have late-arriving flights they keep a skeleton crew until those Guests make it to the desk. So if you don't tell DME that you're on one of those late flights (or if you miss your original and get changed to a late flight and don't call DME to tell them), you may arrive to find that the DME desk has closed up for the night.

-Rob

Rob562

And as a side note to the OP, have you looked into returning the rental on-property? While Alamo and National have desks at the Car Care Center and the Dolphin, most other major rental companies have desks at hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd by Downtown Disney.

-Rob

disney4life2008

There's no requirement that you immediately board DME when you arrive. People shop and dine in the airport, it's not unreasonable.

LOL. On recent trips I have found myself in MCO for an hour after arrival. I absolutely love that airport. Sounds crazy but for me - I always go to the disneyworld shop and universal store and buy something for my vacation. Then I head straight to DME to get to my resort and eat :)

Disneyhardin

They don't mind if you are later than your scheduled time because with all the airline delays, etc, I'm sure they are used to people coming at all different times. Once my mom and I flew in on different flights because we had miles with different airlines - I just waited at the airport for her for about an hour and we hopped on the bus together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom