DLR Hall of Presidents

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
In honor of the passing of the 41st President I wanted to bring this up (though I know its been brought up before).

Does Great Moments with Mr Lincoln need to be updated into the DLR version of the Hall of Presidents? Could even be a mini version having Washinton, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Kennedy, etc.

Thoughts?

Edit - Just to clarify in my update Lincoln would stay as is, but be joined by several key Presidents from our nations history. Like I mentioned Washington, Roosevelt, Kennedy and several others included with Lincoln.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
Lincoln is able to stay timelessly about Lincoln. WDW's Hall of Presidents is doomed to be totally replaced at SOME point in the future (it's a big stage, but are we really going to keep adding AAs as time marches on?).

Can you believe in 242 years there have only been 45 Presidents. Basically they could keep adding Presidents for the next 58 years (good ole 300 year mark) and it still wouldn't add very many more.

Phroobar

Disney's patriotic shows are the heart and soul of the parks. However I can see they need to become relevant to today's audiences. I would suggest they replace the Hall of Presidents with a new show featuring a handful of Presidents that had significant roles in history and how they changed history. I would include Lincoln, FDR, JFK, Washington, probably Reagan and a few others. The show would be duplicated in DLR.

Rich T

I do think Lincoln should stay as is, since it's a very historic park attraction in more ways than one. But I do like the idea of a smaller scale version of Hall of Presidents featuring The Rushmore Gang and a few other heavy hitters. But, of course, we all know Disney will probably never, ever build anything educational ever again... ever. Unless it's about counting cash.

SuddenStorm

I do think Lincoln should stay as is, since it's a very historic park attraction in more ways than one. But I do like the idea of a smaller scale version of Hall of Presidents featuring The Rushmore Gang and a few other heavy hitters. But, of course, we all know Disney will probably never, ever build anything educational ever again... ever. Unless it's about counting cash.

"Accounting with the Mouse: An Edutainment experience about how how your purchase funds the magic"

Hosted by Bob Chapek featuring cameos by Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harris

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster

I'd be for having a separate attraction. Could even be in the same building if we don't mind losing Disney Gallery and/or Mad Hatter.

TwilightZone

There's a strong chance of a space ship earth redo, but beyond that, no educational experiences in the future for sure.
To be honest, not that sad.. :cautious:

Rich T

I'm willing to bet that most of the people here who said they don't want the show to change can't remember the last time they saw it.
But that’s one of the quirky, inefficient things that makes DL so lovable. :D I’d be in favor of a seasonal promotion where the park actually pays guests to see (rediscover) the show— like a free soda or something. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom