DLR 2 1/2 day trip review/report

rle4lunch

Original Poster
Just got back from a 2 1/2 day trip to DLR (Monday night Halloween Party, then 2 days after in the parks). Just a few tidbits of info and overall report for you to chew on.

DLR:
The good:
MNSSHP has more candy stations than ever. They're literally all over the place. That's good for me, because I stock up a bunch of bags and use them for trick-or-treaters for Halloween (cuz we're cheap!). I think we hauled away about 7 pounds of Candy.

HM looks great this year as well. The gingerbread house looks really good, and all the whole ride looks to be working normal. I really didn't see anything 'new' like what was posted earlier this month, but whatever.

Crowds were managable overall as well, with most rides being around 20 minutes in the queue. The Carousel in Fantasyland is being repainted.

Bad:

Big Thunder is still down. Earlier this year, they reported that it would be opened back up in early October, now signs around the ride say 'Early 2014'. Anyone know why?

Teacups are still down. Hopefully they make them spin better like their WDW counterpart.

IASW down for Christmas overlay. No big deal here. It's mainly just a ride that we go on to cool off, but since it wasn't hot out, no need!

The pumpkin carving expo area as moved out of the house and up by the roundup stage, which nobody would've known unless they ask or eat at the bbq (the little signs are no help). Plus, the pumpkins this year, well, most of them are sucky and not impressive. They have a new carver this year, not impressed.

Captain EO is still chugging along, with NO ONE visiting it. What a joke. I won't go on a rant about this again.

DCA:

Good:

Carsland RSR worked right both times we rode it. Rides for groups are still ridiculous, go for the single rider line for a 20-30 minute wait.

Luigi's and Mater's ride working well.

Highly recommend getting a Chili con Cone at the walk up restaurant behind the Cozy Cone. We got the regular chili and the chicken with green sauce, both are awesome. A little hidden treat. Stay away from Award Weiners at all costs, it's the Pizza Port of DCA. Crap food. Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta, consistently good.

Bad:

RSR was down for the first 2 hours after the park opened on both days to 'test' the ride. I truly believe they are doing this on purpose to thin the crowds to other areas so there's not so much gridlock at that ride.

Midway Mania desperately needs a fast pass.

SOARIN' LOOKS AWFUL. Worst attraction in the park. There's literally caked on dirt and cuts in the film, and it is so dim now. This is Disney being cheap cheap cheap. FIX IT! It's embarassing. I would be ashamed to work on that ride. I know they're holding out for their upgrade, but it's just flat out bad. We will not ride that again until it's fixed.

Well, that's about it. I know I didn't go into a lot of detail, but if there's something you want to know more about for an upcoming visit, I'll be glad to try and answer it.

rle4lunch

Original Poster
I forgot to mention, your hatred for EO makes me laugh haha!

I can only hope it gets refurbed into something that has ZERO to do with anything 'musical'... Although, I can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see one gets filled up quicker. That's my attitude toward anything Disney nowadays. I hope that the StarWarsLand comes to fruition asap.

Californian Elitist

I can only hope it gets refurbed into something that has ZERO to do with anything 'musical'... Although, I can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see one gets filled up quicker. That's my attitude toward anything Disney nowadays. I hope that the StarWarsLand comes to fruition asap.

Yeah, I'm not that fond of EO, either. I don't like the idea of more Star Wars. It looks like I may be unhappy either way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom