DLP VIP fast pass, ride pouches, and train station check-in?

PixarPerfect

Original Poster
My husband and I will be visiting DLP for the first time this March and I'm hoping someone can shed light on a few things:

We're staying in a Club Suite at the Newport Bay Club which entitles us to a VIP fast pass. Evidently this is an unlimited pass, but information's a little light on what VIP really gets us. Does it mean that we can double-book with different rides or just that we won't be limited by the 2 hour rule? Do they use magic bands for this or are they paper passes?

I usually carry a small backpack-type bag with reusable water bottle to the parks. Silly question: do the DLP rides have the same bag pouches in them or will I have to use a locker? Are there bottle stations in the Park?

Has anyone ever checked their bags on the train or at the train station? I'm assuming this operates the same as WDW's airport check-in, but would love to hear personal feedback.

Is Walt's really worth it?

Thank you! 🙂

Swissmiss

Premium Member
FP at DLP is still paper, but that being said it appears from the website that the VIP FP would only require you to show it, and not get a FP from the kiosk.

Depending on when you will be there in March, you may not really need it (winter break would be over and it would be too early for Easter/spring break) so crowds are likely to be low and some of the rides that have FP lines could be a walk-on.

You‘ll be fine on rides with a small backpack. As for bottle filling stations, I’m not really sure as I’ve never paid attention. My refillable bottles tend to be 3/4 litre size, which is enough for me and I refill them back in my room when I take a break.

I am not aware of train bag check (and I often go there by train), so I am unable to provide you with any information on how it works. Personally, I’ve stopped taking the TGV directly there, as it seemed that every other trip the train was unable to stop at the station because some idiot left a bag unattended and the train station would get evacuated and shut down. I usually switch in Paris from the TGV to the RER, as it is easier (and cheaper) to take a short taxi ride from the Val d’Europe train station than it would be from the airport (which is the next stop from DLP on the TGV that I used to take).

As for Walts, the theming of the restaurant is beautiful, but as with most restaurants at DLP, I found the food merely fine.

PixarPerfect

Original Poster
I am not aware of train bag check (and I often go there by train), so I am unable to provide you with any information on how it works. Personally, I’ve stopped taking the TGV directly there, as it seemed that every other trip the train was unable to stop at the station because some idiot left a bag unattended and the train station would get evacuated and shut down. I usually switch in Paris from the TGV to the RER, as it is easier (and cheaper) to take a short taxi ride from the Val d’Europe train station than it would be from the airport (which is the next stop from DLP on the TGV that I used to take).

Thank you so much! This is very helpful.

I hope you're right about the VIP pass. The site's description is a little vague on what needs to happen to use it:

Disney Hotel VIP FASTPASS
Enjoy unlimited access to the FASTPASS line and skip the queue during your stay. As a Suites or Castle Club Guest, you'll board within a matter of minutes to the attractions that offer the FASTPASS service (only available at Disneyland Hotel, Disney's Hotel New York, Disney's Newport Bay Club and Disney's Sequoia Lodge).

We'll be there the 25/26th and had planned our entire trip around the crowds, or potential lack of crowds. We're not fans.

Interesting about the train not stopping... When you take a taxi from Val d'Europe, do you have to check in at the hotel? The advantage to the train check-in is that they take your bags to the room rather than have guests waste park time on check-in. It's a smooth process at WDW but before we surrender our bags, I wanted to ask around. Thank you!

Last edited:

cjkeating

Has anyone ever checked their bags on the train or at the train station? I'm assuming this operates the same as WDW's airport check-in, but would love to hear personal feedback.

Are you travelling on Eurostar from the UK and have paid for the Disney Express service?

When you arrive at Marne La Vallee you take your bags to the top level and then they will be transported to your hotel. You will be brought your park tickets etc. on the train.

ToTBellHop

Are you travelling on Eurostar from the UK and have paid for the Disney Express service?

When you arrive at Marne La Vallee you take your bags to the top level and then they will be transported to your hotel. You will be brought your park tickets etc. on the train.
If you haven’t booked Disney Express, do you just drop your bags off at the top level and pick up check-in documents there so you can go right to the park? That’s how it is worded. We are flying in from New York and taking the TGV from CDG airport. Flight lands at 9:30 am.

PixarPerfect

Original Poster
Thank you! We did purchase the Disney Express service when we booked our room but have not purchased train tickets. We'll be starting from Paris.

cjkeating

If you haven’t booked Disney Express, do you just drop your bags off at the top level and pick up check-in documents there so you can go right to the park? That’s how it is worded. We are flying in from New York and taking the TGV from CDG airport. Flight lands at 9:30 am.

I've never actually done this myself, on the Eurostar I just see lots of people being handed the check in info and being told what to do with the bags so I feel like I know what to do! 😅

If you are travelling on any other train I believe what you say is correct... however to get the check in documents you must have booked Disney Express in advance. If you just go up without booking all that will happen is they take your bags to the hotel (and then you get the return service when you return).

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thank you! We did purchase the Disney Express service when we booked our room but have not purchased train tickets. We'll be starting from Paris.

If you are coming from Paris, then you will be taking the RER A. I’ve never had a problem with the RER side of the train station being shut down, only the TGV side (but if it were to happen and it was announced before we were to leave the Val d’europe stop, I’d just get out and take a taxi.). Make sure you have a credit card with a chip and code for getting the train tickets at the vending machines or you will need to pay with cash (or find an open ticket counter). I was in a Paris train station twice in the space of 3 months this past fall, knowing how important this is, only to open up my wallet and see only my ATM card. I always have some cash on me, so I was still able to use the vending machine, and the second time was for business and I was with my boss (and I could have used cash as well).

I‘m not familiar with the Disney Express service, and am usually coming in at the end of the day and not going to the parks, so it isn‘t an issue for me to hop the bus to the Newport. It’s the only time I take the bus - once I’m there I find it quicker to walk in between the hotel and the parks.

Swissmiss

Premium Member

I haven’t used the service personally, but my reading of the information page and my experience of how hotel check in works at DLP, it would need to be booked in advance. Check-in documents are prepared in advance and are filed in bins behind the check in desk. If you haven’t pre-booked the service, your tickets would still be at the hotel.

ToTBellHop

I've never actually done this myself, on the Eurostar I just see lots of people being handed the check in info and being told what to do with the bags so I feel like I know what to do! 😅

If you are travelling on any other train I believe what you say is correct... however to get the check in documents you must have booked Disney Express in advance. If you just go up without booking all that will happen is they take your bags to the hotel (and then you get the return service when you return).
Interesting. We decided to book the Magical Shuttle instead. I don’t want to be worrying about train woes after a red-eye. We will still take the RER when we go into Paris though.

imsosarah

@PixarPerfect we are headed in a few weeks - from my understanding those fastpasses don't have the 2 hour window and are set up more along the lines of how universal does it where you just get 1 FP per ride to use at anytime (or unlimited access on the FP lines with certain vip level) . There is not anything else really that goes along with it. You still get the paper fast pass if you want but depending on the level you get (1x per ride or unlimited) it may not be necessary.

Thank you so much! This is very helpful.

I hope you're right about the VIP pass. The site's description is a little vague on what needs to happen to use it:

Disney Hotel VIP FASTPASS
Enjoy unlimited access to the FASTPASS line and skip the queue during your stay. As a Suites or Castle Club Guest, you'll board within a matter of minutes to the attractions that offer the FASTPASS service (only available at Disneyland Hotel, Disney's Hotel New York, Disney's Newport Bay Club and Disney's Sequoia Lodge).

We'll be there the 25/26th and had planned our entire trip around the crowds, or potential lack of crowds. We're not fans.

Interesting about the train not stopping... When you take a taxi from Val d'Europe, do you have to check in at the hotel? The advantage to the train check-in is that they take your bags to the room rather than have guests waste park time on check-in. It's a smooth process at WDW but before we surrender our bags, I wanted to ask around. Thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom