DLP to Dover Cruise Terminal

disnyfan89

Original Poster
Hello,

I am hoping someone with more knowledge than I may be able to solve a quandary I am having. I am currently looking at the feasibility of combining a Disneyland Paris stay with the Westbound Transatlantic sailing next September out of Dover. However, seeing as we will be flying in from the states we will not have our own transportation so I am trying to figure out the best was to get from DLP to Dover the morning of our cruise.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Surfin' Tuna

We have looked at this a couple of times in the past as well, so I am really looking forward to seeing you learn anything better than we did. It seems like a great plan if one can make it happen. Sorry to not be any help, but I'll be following this.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Hello,

I am hoping someone with more knowledge than I may be able to solve a quandary I am having. I am currently looking at the feasibility of combining a Disneyland Paris stay with the Westbound Transatlantic sailing next September out of Dover. However, seeing as we will be flying in from the states we will not have our own transportation so I am trying to figure out the best was to get from DLP to Dover the morning of our cruise.

As far as i am aware there are probably several options for each leg.

On the way out. fly direct from USA to Charles de Gaulle airport - taxi to Disney
or Fly from USA to UK then fly over to CDG then taxi to Disney
Fly to UK then train to DLP ( i think there is a change at some point) .

To get to Dover from DLP
Train from DLP to Dover. There will most likely be a change for this.
Taxi to CDG airport then fly to Gatwick - Train or cruise line bus to the port.

Sorry if this isn't much help but we have not done this before.

Sans Souci

I haven't done this before, either. But I'm pretty sure Dover is a ferry port, so that might be something to investigate.

ChuckElias

So. . . we disembarked in Dover after our Iceland cruise in 2015 and then visited DLP. (You can read my trip report, linked in my signature ;) )

The train was incredibly easy from Paris to DLP. And the train was incredibly easy from Dover to Paris. So my suggestion would be to take the RER train from DLP all the way to the Gare du Nord train station, and then take the chunnel train from there to Dover. Once you're in Dover, it's a taxi ride (ours was about $60) to the cruise terminal.

DisneyDids

Hello,

RER A train from DLP (Marne-La-Vallée/Chessy)
Change at Gare de Lyon onto RER D train to Gare du Nord (other options are possible, this is just one example)
Eurostar train to Ashford International railway station
Taxi to Dover/Train from Ashford International to Dover Priory railway station then short taxi ride to port

Relatively easy to do but do NOT recommend trying to do this on the same day as your cruise departure! Stay overnight in either Ashford or Dover.
The Eurostar, RATP (France) and National Rail (UK) apps/websites are your friends for this.

Depending on when you travel, there is also the possibility of taking the direct Eurostar from DLP to Ashford - but you’d need to check the timetable as it doesn’t run every day.

Last edited:

DISNEY FANTASY

Firstly the Eurostar will stop at Ashford International in Kent and not at Dover.
Basically yes get a train from DLP (Marne-La-Vallée/Chessy) to Ashford International, there are two ways of doing this.
There is a direct train from DLP (Marne-La-Vallée/Chessy )to London stopping at Ashford international, that typically runs once a day, and typically comes in past ship embarkation. So to book the direct train you need to come in the night before.
Alternatively book a train from DLP (Marne-La-Vallée/Chessy ) to Ashford with a change at Lille Europe, there is a frequent service, the change at Lille is very very simple, the only difference is border control is at Lille rather than DLP.
I would not recommend RER A train as it is a subway line, not direct, and hard with any luggage. It adds time when you can book direct via Lille and reserve seats or have plenty of luggage space.
From Ashford International you can take SouthEastern train services at the same station to Dover Priory which is a short taxi ride from the terminal. Alternatively a taxi from Ashford to Dover.
France is one hour ahead of the UK.
At Dover cruise port do not arrive before 10.30am as the terminal is gridlocked with disembarking passengers and you will be held on the cruise pier.
If staying in Kent the night before consider Canterbury as an alternative, far nicer stay than Dover, however if you plan to visit Dover Castle do stay in Dover.

Miss Bella

I am booked on your cruise. I've considered visiting Paris before the cruise, but not to see Disneyland. Flying from Paris to Gatwick and taking the cruise bus seems like the cheapest and easiest of the choices.

UKDisney Dave

Have to agree, train from DLP to Ashford in UK is easy.

If you change at Lille just check your tickets carefully as there are two stations in Lille (Lille Europe and Lille Flanders). The two stations are visible from each other, and only 8-10 minutes easy, flat walk away.

I’ve changed a Lille a few times, sometimes the onward train goes from the same station, but sometimes I’ve had to change stations.

From Ashford international i’d get a taxi to Dover, as Dover priory station isn’t that near the port.

Still I’d certainly come over the evening before your cruise departs. Lots of reasonable hotels in the area. Settle down and sample some British hospitality in a nice country pub (by which I mean warm beer and over priced pie and chips😁 )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom