DLP PotC to get Sparrow/Movie makeover

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just reported on a French website.... apparently the official DLP Annual Pass site has announced possibly as soon as next month Paris' Pirates will get the overlay. The ride is so far ahead tech-wise than the others it won`t need block closures, however expect at least one Sparrow AA (though whether new or just a new face on an existing AA is unclear), even better effects, some new audio, and possibly the mist screen at the bottom of the main lift hill.

C'est Magnifique!

yeti

The last remaining POTC that is Jack-free. Pleeese don't let Captain Jack "climb aboard" this one too. (I discluded Tokyo b/c I 've never been there).
:brick:

ukdms

I quite like the idea of having JS inside the ride in Paris. Does anyone have any updates on whether this has occurred?

~Tinkerbell~

The last remaining POTC that is Jack-free. Pleeese don't let Captain Jack "climb aboard" this one too. (I discluded Tokyo b/c I 've never been there).
:brick:

I actually agree. As much as I love Pirates of the Caribbean films, and Captain Jack, I think they should leave this one. The film was based on the ride after all, and I think they should leave this one Jack-free as a tribute to the original ride.

mharrington

I actually hope that POTC does get the movie treatment, too. Might as well, considering the other parks have them in place now.

disney-dan

Ive got a trip planned for 12th November. My friend who Im going with told me last week that POTC is closed the week after we are there to begin refurbishments. Possible Captain Jack upgrade anyone?

Dragonrider1227

How wouuld they make this work considering Paris' version seems to emphasize the Pirates blowing themselves up thus making the ride a little more depressing? Wouldn't putting Jack in this practiclly say "Jack Sparrow blew up too?"

mharrington

How wouuld they make this work considering Paris' version seems to emphasize the Pirates blowing themselves up thus making the ride a little more depressing? Wouldn't putting Jack in this practiclly say "Jack Sparrow blew up too?"

Well, maybe Sparrow may have escaped certain death. You know, like how in the third Pirate movie, when he comes back from the edge of the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom