DLP hotels, how many days in advance?

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Original Poster
We're planning to go to Disneyland Paris at the end of December, but I am unable to look for Disney hotels. I can search up to December 24, but when I go after this date I get this error:

[5008] No offers available that match your selection, please try an alternative offer. Please note that a minimum stay of 2 nights is required for all Disney Hotels on 24th and 31st December arrivals.

I am searching for a 3-night stay from December 29th to January 1st. I contacted DLP via Twitter and they said that those dates will become available "in the coming months". Does anyone know how many days in advance you can book Disneyland Paris hotels?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
DLP has an annoying habit of not opening reservations for the following year until very late. It could be the fact that your checkout date is "next year" (even though your reservation nights would all be in 2018).

If you absolutely want to know that you have a place to stay for that period, you could always book a cancelable reservation at one of the "good neighbour" hotels (but book them thru their own website, not Disney's, for the best rate). Then you can decide later on if you want to cancel that reservation and make one in a DLP hotel. Personally, I don't find the perks for staying on-site worth it at DLP except when I go for the race weekend in September.

cjkeating

We're planning to go to Disneyland Paris at the end of December, but I am unable to look for Disney hotels. I can search up to December 24, but when I go after this date I get this error:

I am searching for a 3-night stay from December 29th to January 1st. I contacted DLP via Twitter and they said that those dates will become available "in the coming months". Does anyone know how many days in advance you can book Disneyland Paris hotels?

Hello.

I wouldn't worry... whilst those dates are likely to be very busy if you keep an eye on the DLP site they aren't going to be fully booked in the first day or even until later into the year.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Original Poster
Thanks @Swissmiss and @cjkeating I found out that you can actually book through summer 2019, except the period between 20 December and 6 January is not yet available. I called DLP and they said it wouldn't be until June or July this year that we can book those dates! That's weird that they do that. We may indeed book a good neighborhood hotel instead so we know we'll have something.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thanks @Swissmiss and @cjkeating I found out that you can actually book through summer 2019, except the period between 20 December and 6 January is not yet available. I called DLP and they said it wouldn't be until June or July this year that we can book those dates! That's weird that they do that. We may indeed book a good neighborhood hotel instead so we know we'll have something.

If you do book a good neighbor hotel, make sure to book a reservation that can be modified - and then get in the habit of looking at the rates from time to time. There has been more than one occasion that rates have gone down for the same room I've booked - I either rebook and cancel the first reservation or I modify the original reservation.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Original Poster
If you do book a good neighbor hotel, make sure to book a reservation that can be modified - and then get in the habit of looking at the rates from time to time. There has been more than one occasion that rates have gone down for the same room I've booked - I either rebook and cancel the first reservation or I modify the original reservation.

Cool, thanks! I really appreciate this :)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I don't know where you are from, but don't forget DLP will be cold at that time of year. When we went just after New Years last year it was cold (and damp). I didn't want to have a heavy coat to carry each time we went on inside rides so we wore ski thermals underneath our clothes so that we could wear a lighter outside layer. I also made sure to have on warm shoes. We never felt particularly cold even when spending time in outdoor lines. I was colder this year in WDW for the same time period because I only had heavy outer coat with me and not the same sort of other clothes/layers as the year before in DLP.

cjkeating

I don't know where you are from, but don't forget DLP will be cold at that time of year. When we went just after New Years last year it was cold (and damp). I didn't want to have a heavy coat to carry each time we went on inside rides so we wore ski thermals underneath our clothes so that we could wear a lighter outside layer. I also made sure to have on warm shoes. We never felt particularly cold even when spending time in outdoor lines. I was colder this year in WDW for the same time period because I only had heavy outer coat with me and not the same sort of other clothes/layers as the year before in DLP.

That is a top tip.

My Christmas trip to DLP a couple of years ago was the coldest I have ever been in my entire life. I admit I have never been skiing but as you say you are probably prepared for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom