DLP For New Year

markymark

Original Poster
Has anyone been at DLP for New Years Eve?

I am thinking of trying to book for the year. Just wondered how busy it gets, if there are ans "special" events, how expensive it is!

Also can I get discounts at DLP resorts as a Disney Club member?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I havnt been personally, but I am pretty sure that some years NYE at DLP is a hard ticket event, requiring prebooking and a resort stay. With the second park opening, I would expect thiings to happen much they way they do at WDW on NYE.

They have a big pyro show, and other minievents, plus long opening hours. :)

markymark

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwmagic
I havnt been personally, but I am pretty sure that some years NYE at DLP is a hard ticket event, requiring prebooking and a resort stay. With the second park opening, I would expect thiings to happen much they way they do at WDW on NYE.

They have a big pyro show, and other minievents, plus long opening hours. :)

Thanks Steve, any idea who to contact for more info? I contacted the dlp reservations for an idea of price, but they didn't seem to know what the hell I was on about!

Spocky

I was in DLP during Newyearseve 2000/2001 along with about 55.000 other people. There was a beautifull firework display and a disc-jockey was doing his thing in Mainstreet. We partied on till 01.30 in the park. Then there was a big Newyears eve party in Disneyvillage.

markymark

Original Poster
Originally posted by Spocky
I was in DLP during Newyearseve 2000/2001 along with about 55.000 other people. There was a beautifull firework display and a disc-jockey was doing his thing in Mainstreet. We partied on till 01.30 in the park. Then there was a big Newyears eve party in Disneyvillage.

Did you have to pre book and have resort accommodation to get in?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Mark, I really dont think you are going to have a problem this year. With 2 parks, I would really doubt that they would have a hard ticket for both.

If it were me, I would book a resort stay during that period, and I think you will be pretty safe with that.
:)

markymark

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwmagic
Mark, I really dont think you are going to have a problem this year. With 2 parks, I would really doubt that they would have a hard ticket for both.

If it were me, I would book a resort stay during that period, and I think you will be pretty safe with that.
:)

Thanks Steve, good point. Any advice on the best hotels to stay in? In the past I have stayed in Paris and travelled to DLP but I obviously want to stay on-site. I know the Disneyland Hotel is pricey, but I don't mind paying if it is worth it. Other than that, any ideas?

MarknSue

We stayed in the Newport Bay which was nice, a little hectic at breakfast. A friend of our stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and said she doesn't want to stay anywhere else ever again as it was so nice. We went there for the character breakfast and dinner, the characters were in their pj's at breakfast and the spread in the evening was fantastic.:slurp:

Revtel

If we were ever to return (see my post elsewhere!), I reckon we would avoid Newport Bay - firstly because of the distance from the park and secondly because of the shambles at breakfast time.

My preference would be Disneyland Hotel (if I could afford it). Failing that, the New York Hotel looks ok.

Terry Hudson

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom