1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

DLP denies small boy access to "Princess for a day" experience

Discussion in 'Politics and Social Issues' started by ogryn, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member

No one (male or female) is allowed to participate in BBB over the age of 12.

Pirates League? That's for everyone.

2. Disneyhead'71

Disneyhead'71 Well-Known Member

Me thinks you know not what you wish for.

DisneyExpert and njDizFan like this.
  3. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

Me? I wish for kids to be safe and for women to have their private spaces.

My natural inclination is to let everybody be what they self identify is. But my feminist DGF taught me that the end result of that is nothing preventing a six foot weirdo in dress in the ladies room.

Tater48 likes this.
  4. The Empress Lilly

That's agist!!1 *feigned indignation*

What if a forty year old self identifies as a six year old?

5. fosse76

fosse76 Well-Known Member

What if he did? There's nothing that proves he'd be a danger to others. Most children who are abused know their abusers. The children that are abused abused by strangers are, unfortunately, victims of opportunity for the offender. (S)he would not really have an elaborated plan to entice the child to be abused.

I be

Derrit likes this.
  6. disneygeek90

disneygeek90 Well-Known Member

Is this a serious question? The boutique is for ages between 3-12. Of all children.

DisneyExpert and drumbum67 like this.
  7. The Empress Lilly

Yes, it is.

There are males living as females. There are 52 year old living as six year olds. There are people living as giraffes.

"I was born a human male. Now I'm a giraffe". If this giraffe books a trip to the Animal Kingdom Lodge, should he be housed in a human room or a giraffe stable?

That question is no less pertinent, only rarer, than born males demanding access to female's private spaces or born males of 52 demanding access to children's safe areas.

Smooth, TROR and Tater48 like this.
  8. disneygeek90

disneygeek90 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but you've take gender roles and gender equality off to a ridiculous sidetrack that's not what the original post was intended for.

DisneyExpert and Herbie like this.
  9. TheGenXer

TheGenXer Member

Bigots always reach for extreme, and non relevant examples to justify their bigotry. Don't be that person. This is a strawman argument. If that guy wants to do what giraffes are allowed to do, more power to him.

All rules and social conventions are subject to subtleties and case by case consideration. This is about a little boy that wants to dress like a princess. That's no indication of anything other than what it is on the surface. And no one without some serious prejudice would leap to an argument involving someone who thinks he's a giraffe.

You either think little boys should be permitted in the princess experience or you don't. If you don't, step up and say so.

DisneyExpert, njDizFan and Herbie like this.
  10. Minthorne

Minthorne Well-Known Member

The battles, the stories, the losses and all the glories; we’re changed by the way we live every day — just look up and reach to the sky! We all have the courage to fly!

11. TROR

TROR Well-Known Member

Little boys are not princesses. If you disagree with this statement, you're the one with the problem.

Smooth likes this.
  12. Derrit

Derrit Well-Known Member

This conversation is stupid, it's Disney, a place where we should all feel free and relieved from reality and stigmas.

If that's how you feel, that's fine, but it should not hinder any kids happiness at the parks if they do choose to be a princess.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Brainleech419 and njDizFan like this.
  13. njDizFan

njDizFan Well-Known Member

Can you please extrapolate on that statement. Because obviously the little girls in BBB are not princesses either. Are you saying there has never been gay or gender fluid royalty? Are you saying that boys should not dress up like girls? Are you saying that girls can't wear a traditionally male Halloween costume(or is this only restricted to males)? Are you afraid that somehow a boy dressing up in a dress will impact your life's enjoyment or make you uncomfortable?

Or are you claiming as a factual statement that males cannot be females?

LondonTom and KentB3 like this.
  14. TROR

TROR Well-Known Member

Yes

Smooth and The Empress Lilly like this.
  15. njDizFan

njDizFan Well-Known Member

That may or not be true, if you are basing it solely on anatomy and XY chromosomes. But still, isn't it okay to pretend?

16. TROR

TROR Well-Known Member

When half of my twitter feed is saying little girls shouldn't be allowed to dress up as Moana because it's cultural appropriation, I guess not.

17. The Empress Lilly

It's all fun and games until women, or children, find themselves without safe, private spaces.

Part of the reason for separation is out of backwardness, prudeness, gender indoctrination. These aspects dominate liberal thinking and current political discours. And my thinking too.

But then part of the separation is to provide private or even safe areas to marginalised groups, to the vulnerable, and to those on the receiving end of abuse. Women don't harass men, the other way round however is a permanent, daily reality, and it decides every step a woman takes in public space. The only escape being private spaces. When these are being appropriated by men too - or by men in dresses - the effect is not to increase gender equality, but to further increase the rights of the privileged groups.

18. TMH

TMH Well-Known Member

OK, Terf, I'll play along.

What does that mean, "kids to be safe"? What about little boys who are forced to use the bathroom with men, whom are all predators, obviously? Should kids have their own bathrooms to protect them from adults? Should the kids bathrooms be separated by gender? Should the adult bathrooms be separated by gender? Maybe we should have FOUR bathrooms total. But what about intersex people? They're weird and different from us! Some of them look JUST like us until you find out their genitals are different from what we'd expect. GROSS, right?! They could dress and look like a girl, but for all we know, they have, they have 5-alpha reductase deficiency and their testicles may suddenly descend from nowhere during puberty! What do we do about that? They don't fit in the binary and they can use this power to prey on your children by fluidly sneaking between bathrooms. I have a good idea, we have a FIFTH bathroom for intersex people. It sucks how such a small fraction of the population is ruining all the clean cut lines society has come up with for everyone else, right? But there's only a million odd trans people living in the US, who knows how many intersex people. That's like, half the amount of Jews living in the US. That's NOTHING. Why should we change everything to protect that few people? Their feelings on gender are probably fake and made up anyway. If only we could just get rid of them to make our society normal. But still, we have to deal with: How do we keep the intersex people out of the normal bathrooms to protect our children? How about you have to spit into a chamber that will assay your saliva and determine if you have the appropriate markers to enter the bathroom? Damn it! I just realized trans people could beat that system if they're on hormone therapy. What ever are we going to do???

Please, PLEASE let me know when you've come up with a solution. Think of the children! Think of all those horrible statistics of instances of this happening!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    sunsetblvd26 and Herbie like this.
  19. The Empress Lilly

Yes, I must admit I'm more a fan of feminism that is not of the kind of 'males denying women the right to their intimacy while calling them names'.

I'm all for indulging people's fantasies. I'm down with anybody thinking himself a Jedi and wielding his light sabre around at work. I'm all for people thinking they are a giraffe and allowing him to sleep in a zoo stable. But a 6'4 dude in a dress kicking in a ladies bathroom door and telling the terfs that this space is now his...or a freakshow in heels forcing himself into a women's dressing room insisting he is going to undress and shower with the girls....nah, not so much.

20. TMH

TMH Well-Known Member

But that's precisely what you are advocating for. Have you seen what a trans man (someone assigned female at birth but has a male gender identity) on testosterone therapy looks like? You want to force a man who looks like this to use the ladies room?

[​IMG]

If you live in a state that is trying to legislate bathroom access, maybe you should use a family stall. In states like that, there's a worry you will run into someone whom looks masculine because their birth certificate says female.

sunsetblvd26 and Herbie like this.