DL vs WDW for Holidays?

rreading

We're annual travelers to WDW and love it, but recently took a trip to DL and enjoyed it nearly as well. We're looking at an early Dec trip to avoid crowds, but wonder if anyone has a perspective as to whether the holiday experience is better at one or the other resorts?

Thanks in advance!

Mukta

Well, since you have been to both, you know that WDW is bigger.

WDW will have a castle lighting show, Osborne lights etc.

Disneyland will have holiday fireworks with fake snow at the end, castle lighting etc.

They are both beautiful, but if you have never seen the holidays at WDW, I would recommend seeing that.

Upvote 0

sponono88

Disneyland also has a castle lighting show, with falling snow included :) During the holiday season you also have the themed ride overlays at DL - it's a small world holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Upvote 0

rreading

Original Poster
Suspect that the fireworks shows and parades will be similar. I have heard of the candlelight processional (not sure that they occur early in Dec) and it sounds like it may have more star power in LA (fwiw); but maybe at Epcot it's more elegant? We'd only be able to be there for 2-3 days but staying ar Grand Californian vs deluxe resort at WDW. Looking forward to seeing the deluxes all decorated but I suspect that the Californian gets dressed up too.

Guess that there's not a wrong choice.

Upvote 0

sponono88

The Candlelight processional is held at Main St. Railroad Station, a long time tradition that includes an actual procession down Main Street. Also, at Disneyland the event is held on two nights only (usually in early December.)

Upvote 0

rreading

Original Poster
According to the Disney website, the WDW candlelight "processional" is held at the America Gardens theater in Epcot. It would make sense that in DL, it would be on/along main street.

So at WDW, you have the fireworks/parade at MK; Osborne lights at HS; and processional at Epcot. Probably at DL if you get the processional, you might not get the parade, but the everything happens at one place.

That seems to be my impression.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom