DL for our son's 1st birthday?

CrisKennedy

Original Poster
Our son turns 1 in December, and we're considering taking him to DL on his birthday. Are there any attractions that we could take him? Or should we wait until he's a little older? Thanks.

DCA Fan

Hm, all the Fantasyland ones should be okay, with the possible exception of Snow White, it's a bit dark w/ the evil witch and all. They have the birthday parties at the Plaza Inn that might be fun. Other slow rides like Jungle Cruise are probably okay as well.

kaokulk

A lot of people are going to tell you not to take a kid under, oh, say, 5 or so.

If you want to take your one year old, that's fine. Just understand, you're going for YOU, not for the kid. If you take a one-year old to your city park, it will be just as magical to them. I'd say before 3 or 4, they won't remember it.

We're thinking about going in December with our 5, 2, and 4 month old. We're doing it for the 5-year old, we don't figure the others will remember it. Oh, we're also going for US, we've been DYING to take our kids!

RCMAN2001

I dont think he is at all old enough. Most 1 year olds cant talk or walk yet on their birthday, and he is so young he wont be able to appreciate or understand the disneyland experience and understand the storytelling. Also, he will not remember a thing. You can go to disneyland and have a good time, but I wouldnt make a big deal out of the whole birthday thing and doing it for him.

If you go, just enjoy yourselves :).

Christina

How about you don't go to WDW, save your money until the kid can actually REMEMBER what happens, and go for a nice outing to the beach or the park. Put your money aside for when he can remember, and when he can go on more.

CrisKennedy

Original Poster
kaokulk said:
If you want to take your one year old, that's fine. Just understand, you're going for YOU, not for the kid.

Since you don't know me, I would appreciate it if would not make a statement like that about me. May be that's why YOU are going, but that's not why I'd be going. If I was going for ME, we would pick a different day and find a sitter so that we could actually ride the rides we like together. If he goes with us, we would go on the rides that he could ride, which are the rides we would normally skip (i.e. most of Fantasyland).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom