DL 50th

addidisney

Original Poster
Is Disneyland 50th in 2005, if so, what new ideas or rides have disney thought Of? New parade, rides? What month will this happen? This is when I will be making my 1st vacation to Disneyland instead of this year!

Thanks!
Addison

dizpins14

I think all they are doing is extensive remodling of their attractions. I don't think anything is being built except for a Pooh attraction that'kk open in 2003, I think.

NADisney

Pooh is the only new attraction so far, some of the e-ticket rides are to get a facelift.But knowing Pressler ,he will screw that up as well.

DCA Fan

Marty Sklar (Imagineering), has these plans among others for DL's 50th, which may or may not go through

New Parade
New Fireworks show?
Space Mountain-replace track w/ DL Paris' version

I don't remember the others right now.

DisneyDadMark

I believe the rumors are that they are planning to rehab/enhance/redo/whatever 5 classic E-ticket attractions for the 50th (7/17/05):

1) Space Mountain (new ride track - possibly Paris version)
2) it's a small world (fiberoptic facade, raised water level -- no more flume, new dolls and effects)
3) Pirates of the Caribbean (new effects?)
4) Haunted Mansion (additional rooms?)
5) Jungle Cruise (new interactive animatronics?)

:cool:

Of course, these are all subject to budget cuts.... :(

In the meantime, Flik's Fun Fair (DCA) opens this September, Pooh (DL) opens May 2003, Tower of Terror (DCA) opens February 2004. (Note that these are tentative dates.)

Let's cross our fingers that Marty gets what he wants...

Firebird

The Pirates rehab is supposed to have a floating flaming skull effect and improved boat/fort battle scene with boat on boat action with cannon balls overhead etc. sounds really cool.

DCA Fan

Small world was the one I forgot! :hammer:
I thought that Pirates was finished, since they did re-light the place, or are they planning on adding more effects?
Also, it would probably be hard to add rooms to the Haunted Mansion b/c of space constraints, but I don't know the floor plan, so maybe there still is space.

dianedisney

I will be there for their 50th, there is no way I will miss that. Disneyland and I will be turning 50 together, since my birthday is July 14 I will have double the fun. Have a Disney Day!!

DCA Fan

I doubt that Jungle Cruise would merge w/ Indy. As was the original problem, the capacity of the Cruise would not suit Indy, and lines would most likely double.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom