DIY Disney food at home

swissamy

I tried to make the ginger salad dressing from Teppan Edo (formerly Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki) and it was a monstrous failure!! I couldnt get the fresh ginger minced enough and it just never mixed right! One day I will have the motivation to try again...just not yet!

GoochDSA

My fiancee and I have made a few dishes off of a Disney cookbook we picked up on our last trip. Some worked out well, while others not so much. Our biggest success was the Potato Wrapped Snapper from Flying Fish.

JillC LI

Two weeks ago I made Tonga Toast and strawberry compote for the first time. It didn't "look" as good as the Disney version, but it tasted almost as delicious! It was a bit time consuming though, so I would only make it on special occasions. The hardest part was finding a store that carried a loaf of sourdough bread in the shape I needed. In hindsight, I wish I'd taken a photo of it.

Clamman73

Two weeks ago I made Tonga Toast and strawberry compote for the first time. It didn't "look" as good as the Disney version, but it tasted almost as delicious! It was a bit time consuming though, so I would only make it on special occasions. The hardest part was finding a store that carried a loaf of sourdough bread in the shape I needed. In hindsight, I wish I'd taken a photo of it.

I tried making something similar to Tonga by using the Pepperidge Farm swirl strawberry-banana bread - came out not too bad...

rael ramone

I tried to make the ginger salad dressing from Teppan Edo (formerly Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki) and it was a monstrous failure!! I couldnt get the fresh ginger minced enough and it just never mixed right! One day I will have the motivation to try again...just not yet!

This is definitely worth trying again. Not only is it good, but it is really healthy (high water content vs oil content).

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Glad to hear you can make it in a regular cake pan! Do you bake it at the time and for the temperature stated in the recipe, or do you alter the baking time/temp if you use the pan?

I think I used the same time and temperature. It's been awhile since I made it (sorry). Just keep an eye on it, and check it around the 25 minute mark just to make sure you don't over bake it.

Bowler Hat Girl

I've made the Nescafe coffee they serve at the parks and the resorts. I just take perfectly good coffee, pour it into a bowl with some dirty socks and let it sit for a few days. You then strain it out and reheat. Tastes just like the real thing.

Wow, that seems pretty right on! I always said Nescafe tastes like feet...glad to see I'm not alone on that :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
:eek:
I've made the Nescafe coffee they serve at the parks and the resorts. I just take perfectly good coffee, pour it into a bowl with some dirty socks and let it sit for a few days. You then strain it out and reheat. Tastes just like the real thing.
Wow, that seems pretty right on! I always said Nescafe tastes like feet...glad to see I'm not alone on that :)
Once when I was sick I reheated 2 1/2 day old coffee:eek: didn't realize how old it was til my dh said you were the last one to make coffee any way it still wasn't as bad as nescafe! I don't even think my son's dirty socks could replicate that ....... you certainly can't call it taste!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom