Disneyworld Kennel

Club Cooloholic

I am curious about the kennel and peoples experiences with it. Also, because I love dis history, can anyone tell me about how it compares to the ones they closed down about 10 years ago? What were those like?

bigrigross

I am curious about the kennel and peoples experiences with it. Also, because I love dis history, can anyone tell me about how it compares to the ones they closed down about 10 years ago? What were those like?

I dont know about the ones from 10 years ago. But because our oldest dog had a bunch of medical issues, we decided to bring her with us for our trip in May. She required 4 pills every 12 hours so we didnt want to burden the dog sitter we got for our other 3 dogs. We called Best Friends about 8 months out to reserve. We got her the VIP Luxury Suite so she was comfortable the entire time.

Of course no dog loves to be boarded, but she seemed content when we visited her. We had a direct phone line to the caretaker for the VIP suites which was comforting. The TV was a big selling point as we always left her inside with the TV on when we went to work. I think it was well worth the price it cost and it truly seemed like all the employees legitimately cared. I have walked out of some boarding places before because of the way employees acted. I know they arent disney, but its about as close to a disney vacation for my dog that we could get. We did exchange out the playgroups due her being 11 and not in the best of shape with some other options. I dont regret taking her there and allowing her to take a vacation with us. She just passed away a month ago so it was time very well spent and glad it was on Disney property. I would bring other dogs if I needed to. I am just glad all of my dogs love car trips because 16 hours in a van is one heck of a drive.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Theres no comparison. The kennels Disney operated years ago were not close to being on the same level as Best Friends, but years ago kennels were not operated for the pet owners, but pretty much just a holding place for your dog. Pretty much ALL kennels at that time were very basic with no luxuries. Disney did not offer the personalized care thats available now. We used them years ago and when you left your dogs they were monitored by Disney personnel but you had to feed your dog yourself and take your dog out for exercise yourself. We have used Best Friends on two trips to WDW and were highly satisfied with the care given and the extra attention given. So glad Disney decided to utilize them for pet care because it brought it up to the standards I want for my dog.

Upvote 0

John park hopper

In 1974 My best friend from NY drove down to Lake Worth FL with his wife and black lab Daisy. We drove up to WDW and put Daisy in the Disney kennel --cost dollar. It was just for the day and pretty much just a holding cage if I remember. Daisy survived just fine and we later drove out to CO in my friends van and camped and trout fished for 2 weeks. Oh to be in my 20's again

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MissingDisney

For more info and live webcams:

We have a location local to where we live. I haven’t used them but have several friends who have. They were happy with the company standards and care their fur babies received.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
For more info and live webcams:

We have a location local to where we live. I haven’t used them but have several friends who have. They were happy with the company standards and care their fur babies received.
It looks like a great option.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom