Disneyworld Addresses Autism Bullying Incident...

sbkline

Still waiting on my answer.

At what point can you legally powerbomb annoying people? Is there something I can declare to make the pending maneuver legal? Such as "Powerbomb ahoy!"...followed by said powerbomb.

Some people really do deserve professional wrestling moves. This is a good example.

I agree completely. I am of the mindset that the best way to deal with bullies is to beat the ever living crap out of them. I have no use for these stupid "no tolerance" policies that schools have towards "violence" as all it does is reward bullies and punish the innocent. I have actually heard of situations where the victim does not lift a finger to defend himself, and is on the bottom getting pounded, yet STILL gets in trouble in the Principal's office because he was "in a fight". Hogwash. My first question always is "who started it". That's what I teach my son. He'll be 5 this year and will be starting Kindergarten, and I tell him that if someone starts something with him, to punch the kid. I make clear to him that I'd better not find out about him being the instigator, but if someone starts it with him, I will back him up all the way if he pounds the kid to a pulp. I have told him that he may get in big trouble at school, but he won't be in trouble at home.

Bullies thrive on the knowledge that their victim cannot or will not fight back, either because they are intimidated by the bully, or afraid of getting in trouble by the authorities (parent, school, law, whatever the authority is). The best way to stop a bully is to make it "not fun" anymore, and one of the best ways of doing that is to make the bully aware that he's liable to have a few teeth loosened if he messes with this person.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The Thick is not long for this board. How he's made it past the Mods this far is beyond me. There's trying to be funny, and then there's trying to get attention by ing people off.

Either that, or he really is as Thick as he claims.
I suspect the answer is that "annoying", "arrogant" or "irritating" are not grounds for banishment. :shrug:

"Immature", "childish", "grating", "argumentative"... There are lots of things one could point to, but none really bad enough to bar a member. Heck, a lot of us fall into one or more of those categories from time to time. :lookaroun

Iakona

I agree completely. I am of the mindset that the best way to deal with bullies is to beat the ever living crap out of them. I have no use for these stupid "no tolerance" policies that schools have towards "violence" as all it does is reward bullies and punish the innocent. I have actually heard of situations where the victim does not lift a finger to defend himself, and is on the bottom getting pounded, yet STILL gets in trouble in the Principal's office because he was "in a fight".

Bullies thrive on the knowledge that their victim cannot or will not fight back
(parent, school, law, whatever the authority is). The best way to stop a bully is to make it "not fun" anymore, and one of the best ways of doing that is to make the bully aware that he's liable to have a few teeth loosened if he messes with this person.

It's sad. We have experienced it. The key is bullies pick on kids that a lot of times are so much smaller that even fighting back is a joke to the bullies.
The schools hands may be tied, but parents are not. It goes beyond who started it, it is how long has this kid been being tormented by the bully that something that normally would not be threatening caused the bullied kid to finally fig back. Trust me, I have experienced it and when the school tried to suspend my kid for finally doing what the school would/could not (protect him) and they tried to give my kid a suspension the principal changed his tune very quickly when I told him the conversation was over and he would be speak with my lawyer and the press in front of the school committee.
Really make it not fun for both the bully and the parents of the bully if they refuse to address. File assault charges.

talfonso

I will start this post with the admission that I do not have a child with autism. I do know enough about the disorder to know that these kids are really sensitive to loud noises and un-predictable situations, so the horn blowing in his face was bad, really bad.

However, it was New Years Eve, when the parks are at their most insane crowd levels and packed with people who are celebrating, thus the horn blowing. This could have happened in the crowd alone, with no one in particular blowing a horn at him but rather many people blowing horns all around him. I wonder if this family really thought thru the plan to be there with a sensitive child on this particular day? In my opinion, they made the first mistake by taking him there when they could have reasonably predicted it would be crowded and loud. That mistake was compounded by dis-respectful teens who were having fun at his expense and compounded even more when those teens were not thrown out on their ears for causing him harm. I am sorry this child got so upset.

I do hope his parents take him during a quieter time to re-introduce him to WDW, now that they have tickets to go again.

Amen to that! They should have been aware that New Year's is a peak season, and it's a time when overstimulation is at its loud zenith!

Lucky

Amen to that! They should have been aware that New Year's is a peak season, and it's a time when overstimulation is at its loud zenith!
Not all autistic kids are the same. We don't know if this particular kid was sensitive to noise in the general vicinity. All we know for sure is that he was sensitive to horns blowing right in his face. And I think most people would conside it hostile and unpleasant if a stranger got in your face making loud noises and laughing at you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom