Disneytopia: A Dream Resort (Please read the three documents I have listed before answering the polls)

What is the best original idea in these three documents?

• Avengers Adventures (Magic World)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tarzan: Call of the Wild (Magic World)

• Kunlun Quest: Legend of the Great Beast (Adventure World)

• Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Magic World)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Indiana Jones and the Tomb of Many Treasures (Adventure World)

• Towers of the Earth (Neo World)

• Star Wars: Hidden Secrets (Neo World)

• Journey to the Secret Cave (Neo World)

• The Practically Perfect Adventures of Mary Poppins (Adventure World)

• Around the World in 80 Days (Adventure World)

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
My username is MagicKingdom4Ever​
Some of you may know me, others may not. I am a new imagineer on this forum, a recent High School Graduate, and a hopeful author. For those of you wondering what I have done on these forums, I have shared my park ideas for Hong Kong and a new resort in Sao Paulo, opened a thread for Weird Ideas, pondered the questions "What is the best area of the Magic Kingdom?" and "What if EuroDisney was successful?," wondered if anyone remembered an app called Disneyland Explorer, and most recently, I've started a week-long poll on what the best Disney Parks castle is. But in this post, I reveal why I came to the forums in the first place.

When I was 11 years old, I wrote a book called "The Markers' Magical Disney Adventure." This told the story of a fictional version of my family and our vacation to an Oregon-based resort called Disneytopia, and then our attempts to stop Captain Hook with the help of Mickey Mouse and friends. As I grew older, this idea has evolved a lot. I've made a Minecraft version of one park, Magic World, and later made a blog. As I did this, I changed the location from Oregon to Texas and modified a few things.

There are three parks in this resort. I found three to be the happy medium number of the Disney parks. You see, Disney World has too much with four parks and Disneyland has too little with two parks, so I decided to get a place in between with three. I found myself in the middle where it just felt perfect, and even though I had some promptings to make there more parks (because everything's bigger in Texas), I couldn't come up with many ideas.

Here are the three parks, all of which have their own separate documents:
1. Magic World, A Magic Kingdom-style park.
2. Neo World, A park that is a hybrid between Epcot's Future World and Disney's Animal Kingdom.
3. Adventure World, the most ambitious park that is tonally inspired by Tokyo Disneysea.

Also included in the resort would be Downtown Disney, Several Hotels, and a Waterpark called Splash Island

Now, as you read this, you may see that they're a little messy. There are some attractions that seem out of place and some ideas that may not be as good as others (you could say that I ruined the Country Bear Jamboree in my attempts to make it better). Some attractions don't fit in the areas I put them in, like Splash Mountain in Adventureland (I originally put it in as a mistake but chose not to fix it because I believed that its different location would protect the ride from being rethemed to Princess and the Frog, even though I have thought of an alternative called Ocean Mountain, which is themed to Moana), Pirates of the Caribbean in Frontierland (I tried to make it fit by having a New Orleans area), Monsters, Inc., Autopia, and Avengers (I worry about the last of these not fitting because I included Doctor Strange and the Masters of the Mystic Arts) in Tomorrowland, and Star Wars in Neo World. Do remember that I was only 16 when I solidified the shape of this resort in a blog. After reading some negative commentary on othe rthreads on these forums, I've found that I have things that people don't like, including IPs in educational parks (Epcot, most especially), references to movies in theme park attractions (which I did with Jungle Cruise and Pirates and their namesake films), IPs with debatable success (Raya and the Last Dragon, Onward), things that people don't like (Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, The Little Mermaid, Frozen Ever After, Pixar Pier), and things that are too similar in the same park (Mission: SPACE and Smuggler's Run are both in Neo World). Reading some of these forums nearly destroyed my confidence in these parks, but it also helped me realize that I needed help.

So here's the development stories on all three parks:
Magic World was the park that underwent the least changes. It always had the four classic lands and a square. I initially had Hollywood square, which had movie stuff, the Tower of Terror, and the Haunted Mansion. However, I decided to change it to Waterfront Square because I felt like Hollywood would go better in a California area of the third park. It was then a 1940s American town, and although the Tower of Terror stayed, it was not the Twilight Zone variant nor the Hotel Hightower variant. Instead, it was the Himan Tower Hotel, a metropolitan hotel in New York City, owned and operated by a businessman named Robert Himan. He had a collection of cursed Pirate Treasure, which he stored in the basement. His daughter was engaged to a soldier whom he disapproved of, so he and the soldier went up to the top of the hotel in 1918, but then the curse struck them, started a fire, and made the elevator plummet. Neither of them were found and the hotel was closed for twenty-five years. However, I ultimately decided to relocated the Tower of Terror to Hollywood and then retheme the area again, this time to Gilded Age America (this might've been because I had just learned about it in my American History Class). I was a little worried that the Gilded Age wasn't a good choice because it was a time of political corruption, xenophobia, and robber barons, but I hope to use this theme to educate people. I may have added a Nemo ride as a shoehorn, which was a bad decision. I figured that with a scary ride (Haunted Mansion) and a boring show (Making of Modern America), there would have to be something to attract families to the area, so I threw that in. The Tarzan ride is not my idea, but someone else's. I'd like to thank Mickeyfan54 for including the idea in his Rio Disneyland thread. Tomorrowland was originally split into Today's Tomorrow and the Discoveryland-esque Yesterday's Tomorrow, but I decided to just keep Today's Tomorrow in the end.

Neo World was originally called Fun World. Initially, it had the Epcot-esque area as well as an entire area themed to Peter Pan. However, I would find the Peter Pan area difficult to work with, so I scrapped it and replaced it with an Animal Kingdom-like area. Early on, I decided to add Star Wars to the park. Even though it didn't fit well, I thought I could make it fit by adding educational attractions to the Universe Pavilion, later renamed the Force Pavilion. After Star Tours, guests would go through the launch bay and learn more about the Star Wars universe. After a rollercoaster called Battle for the Galaxy, guests would go through a Jedi Temple, where they explore the science and lore behind the Force. The Epcot area had seven pavilions: Land, Sea, Space, Digital, Engineering, Force, and Communication, but I added in Animation and Robotics at the end. Initially, there was a pavilion called "Gamery" which would have Toy Story Mania, but I decided to relocate that to the third park.

Adventure World was originally called Roller Coaster World, and out of all the parks, this one underwent the most changes. In the beginning, there were six areas: World Bay, California, Paris, Paradise Pier, Egypt, and China, but I developed them further and changed their names. I called it Roller Coaster World because it had four great roller coasters: Rock'n'roller coaster, California Screamin', and Indiana Jones coaster, and a Yeti-themed roller coaster. I had big dissatisfaction with the park's randomness, so I gave it a big overhaul. World Bay, initially themeless, became Edwardian London with a world's fair. Pixar came to Paradise Pier. The Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania came here. Discoveryland, Mermaid Lagoon, and Pandora were added at the end. Late in development, Asian Gulf was given a Kumandra area. I even tied it all together with a very elaborate backstory, but I fear that it makes the park too complicated.

I was once at a point of developing a studio park to relocate Star Wars and the Hollywood stuff, but I stopped in the middle of production because it felt too much like Disney's Hollywood Studios, or worse, Walt Disney Studios.

And there you have it. Three parks and countless questions. Please note that I am autistic and I don't understand things like other people do. You may be thinking "This is the worst Disney resort of all time," or "Walt would be ashamed of you." You may be wanting to throw your tomatoes at me and tell me to give up on this meaningless dream. However, I kindly ask you not to, because this is something very dear to me.

All in all, this is what the resort is. I looked at these problems and saw the whole resort as a problem itself. I tried to come up with things to replace or outdo it, but I never was satisfied. Then, however, I looked at it in another angle. What if this resort isn't the problem but the solution. It's like that one line in the Encanto song, "What Else Can I Do?" It's not symmetrical or perfect, but it's beautiful, and it's mine.

I know this resort isn't perfect, but my hope is that with your help, we can give it the glory it deserves. I want people to help me with this and make this into something wonderful. Spread the word and make this known. I want as much help as I can get. I hope that it would be as impressive as the Sydney Disneyland project that Club 33 created back in 2017.

However, before we get started, I must warn you that there are a few rules. Sure, any ideas are acceptable, but I still have a certain way I want it. That is why I present......​
The Ten Disneytopia Commandments
  1. Remember that this is still my resort. I may be looking for ideas, but I can accept, decline, or compromise them at will. We all have to be cooperative and work together.​
  2. This is a team effort. There may be a chance where a certain group of us designs a certain area, but nobody can design the full resort on their own.​
  3. Respect each other's opinions. We may not all agree on the same things, but we can't get mad at each other because we think differently about some things. You guys respect my views. I'll respect your views.​
  4. No cyberbullying, blackmailing, or negative commentary allowed. If it hurts someone, it isn't good. Do something to purposely make someone upset and you will be kicked off of this project.​
  5. Don't talk about modern politics, issues, or other things going on in the world. We don't want to depress people. Disney Parks are supposed to be a sanctuary from the troubles of the world, and I want to keep it like this.​
  6. Don't put in anything too mature in the parks. That means no Alien Encounter, no Halloween Horror Nights-style event, no Villains land, no R or MA-rated IPs. Keep the resorts PG-rated (even though PG-13 IPs are allowed.)​
  7. I understand that there is much debate about "honoring everyone's stories" and racism/wokeness. We will discuss that later, and I have shared my thoughts in the Magic World doc about Splash Mountain. For those supporting the changes, don't attack those who are against it, and vice versa.​
  8. With the exception of Avatar and the first six Star Wars movies, 20th Century Fox/Studios is banned (that includes Marvel characters and films originally owned by that company.) I find it totally dishonest and greedy that a gigantic film company would buy another big film company just for more content. Avatar and Star Wars are exceptions because they were licensed and incorporated into the parks before the Fox purchase in 2019.​
  9. You can offer me feedback. However, don't criticize me because you don't like something that I had. Explain what I can do better instead. It's like how Walt used to do. Instead of saying that he didn't like an idea, he suggested doing something else instead.​
  10. Make sure to have fun. Sorry if I scared you with these rules.​
I will give a week for those wanting to come on to join. We shall officially begin the big project next Tuesday at Noon. I will explain more details then and we shall vote on how we want to tackle each park. As for the poll, it will officially close in a month.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
You may be asking. Why didn't I have the classic Fantasyland dark rides like Snow White or Mr. Toad or Pinnochio? I just don't appreciate those "weird" dark rides. I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion. I prefer Fantasyland dark rides that are more tame.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Also, I do want some classics to be in certain places. I want Space Mountain and Astro Orbiter in Tomorrowland, Jungle Cruise and Tiki Room in Adventureland, Big Thunder Mountain in Frontierland, the Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island, etc. I also want Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and other things in Magic World. I want the Mansion, especially, to be in a "Square" area. Disneyland has New Orleans Square and the Magic kingdom has Liberty Square. Both Squares have the Haunted Mansion, and I want to preserve that tradition.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
For those wanting to join, give this comment (not the one above, but the one you are reading right now) a thumbs up.
I'm a little disappointed by this. I was expecting there's be more people supporting me in this. I told them to thumb up the comment if they did, but only one person has done that.

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm a little disappointed by this. I was expecting there's be more people supporting me in this. I told them to thumb up the comment if they did, but only one person has done that.
You have to understand that people have to click on the page first to get notified of your poll. If they don't click on the thread themselves - they have to be tagged in the thread.

It's a lot of information to digest at once as well - these are obviously labors of love that you've done but just because you don't get a reaction immediately does not mean nobody is supporting you.

I've been on this site for almost 10 years now and there are still times it takes a while for people to respond.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
You have to understand that people have to click on the page first to get notified of your poll. If they don't click on the thread themselves - they have to be tagged in the thread.

It's a lot of information to digest at once as well - these are obviously labors of love that you've done but just because you don't get a reaction immediately does not mean nobody is supporting you.

I've been on this site for almost 10 years now and there are still times it takes a while for people to respond.
I dearly apologize. I'm a little impatient.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom