Disney's worst nightmare.. CM on trial for molesting child in Youth Club (UPDATE: Charges dropped)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
I guess this is DCL's worst nightmare when it comes to screening employees... a CM being accused of crimes against a child in the Youth clubs on the ship..

He's going to trial this month. Didn't see it discussed prior? Google searches struggled to find news before the recent press too..

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I read about this 2 days ago and thought about how many parents trust DCL with their children. If this allegation is true and the guy is found guilty, he should be punished with the maximum applicable sentence.
I seem to remember another alleged incident involving a girl being sexually harassed by a crew member on a DCL ship elevator a few years ago.

I'd expect Disney to be thorough when hiring personnel, specially for positions interacting with minors whose parents aren't present during certain activities.

Lilofan

I'd expect Disney to be thorough when hiring personnel, specially for positions interacting with minors whose parents aren't present during certain activities.
Many of cruise line crew members that I have seen and talked to are from outside the USA . When we cruised a number of years ago our housekeeper was from Asia. She mentioned that a hiring partner of the cruise line was in the capital of her city looking for interested applicants to work on cruise ships. She advised the hiring partner of the cruise line pre screened her and if she passes that then she got a 5 minute Skype interview with the cruise line and then she later got hired.

Maelstrom Troll

My wife and I were on the Magic in Feb (without Amelia our 9 yo), and I remember meeting this guy when the clubs were open for touring.
This is deeply upsetting and disturbing. I hope this guy gets maximum sentencing.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Something smells fishy. They had enough to hold the guy for 6 months since May, not sure if that was with a high bail or not. The CCTV definitely portrayed something profoundly questionable. If this guy is in fact guilty, how will others be protected if he's not on any registry?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Something smells fishy. They had enough to hold the guy for 6 months since May, not sure if that was with a high bail or not. The CCTV definitely portrayed something profoundly questionable. If this guy is in fact guilty, how will others be protected if he's not on any registry?

Case falls apart without the victim...

Lilofan

Case falls apart without the victim...
That reminds me of an incident of in 2015 a college program member was discovered naked by staff in the bushes early one morning outside House of Blues at DS. Turns out that another staff member allegedly raped her in the area. She said she was drunk that night. The guy was arrested. Then later the prosecutors said the woman no longer wanted to testify, then the prosecutors dropped the sexual battery charge against the man.

lightningtap347

That reminds me of an incident of in 2015 a college program member was discovered naked by staff in the bushes early one morning outside House of Blues at DS. Turns out that another staff member allegedly raped her in the area. She said she was drunk that night. The guy was arrested. Then later the prosecutors said the woman no longer wanted to testify, then the prosecutors dropped the sexual battery charge against the man.

Got a source on this? I can't find an article :/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom