Disney's worst nightmare.. CM on trial for molesting child in Youth Club (UPDATE: Charges dropped)

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
That's for the family to decide - not you or I.
Right again, but that doesn't exempt me from wondering what circumstance(s) would guide a family to avoid pursuing charges against a person who endangered their child.
I realize this happens all the time and people don't all think the same and have their own reasons for their choices. Personally, I'm more likely to go the extra mile so if this guy did what it looks like he did, he could be punished and recorded. It's not against legal or moral law to wonder, especially when circumstances invite question.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Right again, but that doesn't exempt me from wondering what circumstance(s) would guide a family to avoid pursuing charges against a person who endangered their child.

My guess... they saw what the disposition was like, what it meant to complete... didn't like it or how it impacted their child... and withdrew.

jme

I certainly can't speak for the victim, nor their family, but there are a number of reasons one might not want to pursue charges.
Perhaps the thought of cross examination of the victim by the defense attorney did not appeal to the parents, as it can make a victim second guess their version of events, while making them relive the trauma of the experience.

I don't want to speculate beyond that. I just hope that no crime was committed, and the charges were dropped for legitimate reasoning, for all parties involved.

The Colonel

During the deposition, the boy said the contact was less a grab than a “touch that lasted approximately one second” — and he couldn’t be sure it was intentional, according to a a memo by Assistant State Attorney Charlie Heinemann.

A review of the video showed the defendant “poked the victim” several times on the side on his waist. While that violated Disney employee policy, prosecutors determined they could not prove lewd and lascivious battery beyond a reasonable doubt at trial.

Doesn't really sound like the type of thing to keep someone in jail for does it? I've had people do worse to me waiting for the parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom