Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Wendy Pleakley

Loki got bumped to Wednesdays and will now premiere on June 9th

Good. I hope they change air dates to be weekdays AND release in the early evening.

Marvel and Star Wars shows are prone to online spoilers, so it's annoying they launch late on a Thursday. Most people won't watch until later the next day, or even two days later if they have Friday evening plans (remember when we went out on Friday nights?).

Ripken10

Good. I hope they change air dates to be weekdays AND release in the early evening.

Marvel and Star Wars shows are prone to online spoilers, so it's annoying they launch late on a Thursday. Most people won't watch until later the next day, or even two days later if they have Friday evening plans (remember when we went out on Friday nights?).
I think releasing in the evening would result in more technical issues with too many trying to access at same time. They had issues with that with WandaVision even with their 3 am release time on the East Coast.

Personally (maybe minority here) i wish they would have different release days for all their new content (rather than all new content, for the most part, arriving on Fridays). Although my same dream has a new star wars show dropping on say every Friday, while a new marvel show drops on every Wednesday, on Thursday you get whatever sports comedy they have going now...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

NateD1226

D23 released the preview for their summer issue and in a list talking about upcoming summer releases and interviews the long awaited series Behind the Attraction was mentioned! Hoping we get to see it soon!!

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

Slpy3270

More soccer coming to ESPN+.

Slpy3270

Per SBJ, the deal with La Liga is worth $175 million annually, or $1.4 billion for eight years, and most of the games are set to be on ESPN+, with some (probably bigger) games to be set aside for ESPN/ABC.

The deal begins in August, so La Liga probably had to shell out a lot to buy out beIN Sports' last three years of their soon-to-be-terminated contract.

NateD1226

EW can exclusively reveal that Zachary Quinto and Billy Porter are joining the upcoming animated series as Barry Leibowitz-Jenkins and Randall Leibowitz-Jenkins, respectively. The characters are mixed-race adoptive parents to 14-year-old activist Maya Leibowitz-Jenkins, previously announced to be voiced by Keke Palmer.

Also joining the revival is EJ Johnson (Rich Kids of Beverly Hills), who will voice Michael Collins, Penny's best guy friend who is a non-conforming trendsetter, serving fierce looks at school and on the basketball court. The character was voiced by Phil LaMarr in the original series.

The series is currently in production at Disney Television Animation for a 2022 launch on Disney+.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

doctornick

So I’ve seen reports of an animated Marvel show called Fury Files (I think it’s just shorts) that reportedly dropped last week. But I can’t find it on D+. Anyone have any idea what the story is? Are the reports about its existence wrong?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom