Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
For some reason, the internet is suddenly awash with listicles of what's coming to D+ in March.

Which is the same list released on Feb 17...

Coming in March: Short list from CNet...

March 5​

Raya and the Last Dragon (Disney+ Premier Access)
WandaVision: Season Finale
Disney Secrets of Sulphur Springs: Time Warped
Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties
Heartland Docs, DVM, Season 2

March 12​

Own the Room
Disney Secrets of Sulphur Springs: Long Time Gone
Disney Junior Doc McStuffins: The Doc Is In
Disney My Music Story: Perfume
Dr. K's Exotic Animal ER, Season 1-8
Dr. Oakley, Yukon Vet, Season 7
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Marvel Studios: Legends
Assembled: The Making of WandaVision

March 19​

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: Episode 1
Disney Big Hero 6 The Series, Season 3
Disney Secrets of Sulphur Springs: If I Could Turn Back Time
Mexico Untamed, Season 1

March 26​

The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers: Episode 1
Disney Secrets of Sulpher Springs: As Time Goes By
Disney Pickle and Peanut, Season 1
Disney Pickle and Peanut, Season 2
Gnomeo & Juliet
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: Episode 2
Inside Pixar: Foundations: Batch 3

For a synopsis of some of the new shows...

Mmoore29

So, will the States ever get Star on its version of Disney+? It would be more convenient to have all the R-rated Fox IPs, Touchstone Pictures, Hollywood Pictures and DreamWorks pact titles on Disney+ under the same title and let Hulu have only the original content like Solar Opposites, at least in my opinion.

seascape

So, will the States ever get Star on its version of Disney+? It would be more convenient to have all the R-rated Fox IPs, Touchstone Pictures, Hollywood Pictures and DreamWorks pact titles on Disney+ under the same title and let Hulu have only the original content like Solar Opposites, at least in my opinion.
With the triple play package of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+, I feel the US package is a better deal than the roughly $11.00 a month for just Disney+ with star in Europe. Hulu has much more because of all the non Disney owned shows on Hulu. However, Hulu would not be worth that much if it didn't include everything. Further, if you look at everything the Disney package offers and it's price it action blows away Netflix and HBO max.

Mmoore29

With the triple play package of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+, I feel the US package is a better deal than the roughly $11.00 a month for just Disney+ with star in Europe. Hulu has much more because of all the non Disney owned shows on Hulu. However, Hulu would not be worth that much if it didn't include everything. Further, if you look at everything the Disney package offers and it's price it action blows away Netflix and HBO max.
Well, there's plenty of good stuff there, too. That's why I have all of them. Of course, if Blockbuster had been prudent and invested in the power of streaming early on, it would not only still be alive, it could very well be the only streaming service out there for library and original content.

That's part of an alternate history timeline I made, if you'd care to see it: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/alternate-history-timeline-thread-involving-disney.971997/

Indy_UK

we’ll see in 2024 when Comcast move away from Hulu with all the content they have but it wouldn’t surprise me then at that point, Hulu is merged into Star on Disney+ but keep ESPN+ separate but keep the price around the same.

the only aspect that would go against that happening for me would be LiveTV

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

Variety's take...

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
100M Subs.

Original goal: 60M by 2024.

New goal: 260M by 2024.

Also, confirming goal of over 100+ new titles per year.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
A nice graph...

1615341921755.png

J4546

arent like 50% of the subscribers paying less than 2bux a month though? Not that this still isnt great news, but I think alot of their base is in india after they bought fox and acquired Star. I could be totally wrong though and its still doesnt discount they 100 million subscriber mark

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
arent like 50% of the subscribers paying less than 2bux a month though? Not that this still isnt great news, but I think alot of their base is in india after they bought fox and acquired Star. I could be totally wrong though and its still doesnt discount they 100 million subscriber mark
Their ARPU numbers are in the last quarterly report.

With their Asian subs, who currently have a steep discount, it's $4.03. If the Asian market wasn't averaged in, it would be $5.37.

Shame it's only bringing in $400M a month, tho.

doctornick

My son was playing Villainous as Pete and got interested in watching old Mickey films with Pete in them. Does anyone know of a list of shorts/films/etc Pete is in on Disney+ besides Steamboat Willy - I’m talking older stuff not the likes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom