Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Animaniac93-98

Ya it looks like it's weirdly half launched on my end too.

Love Victor has two episodes up, I'm not sure if they are doing weekly releases for Star Markets.

PS: Star logo has more of a vroom/zoom tone to it and a softer click. Than the Disney Plus Swish and Click. Random stupid information.

How do you add Starz do an existing account? When I sign in to Disney+ there's no mention of it as an option.

EDIT: figured it out. You don't do anything, just search for stuff. Found the Simonverse.

brb1006

"Disney is ready to bring the characters from its theme parks and classic films to life in a new way.

The media giant is teaming with For All Mankind creator Ron Moore to develop a franchise for streamer Disney+ that is set in Disney's beloved Magic Kingdom. The first project in the works as part of the so-called Magic Kingdom Universe is The Society of Explorers and Adventurers, which is set in a world where all the themed lands and characters of the Disney parks and classic films actually exist in another reality."

Now this sounds very promising.

Disney Analyst

Ya it looks like it's weirdly half launched on my end too.

Love Victor has two episodes up, I'm not sure if they are doing weekly releases for Star Markets.

PS: Star logo has more of a vroom/zoom tone to it and a softer click. Than the Disney Plus Swish and Click. Random stupid information.

Ooh yeah, I searched and found Love Victor and How I met your Mother.

Darkprime

And it's live. All the agents of shield seasons are finally there! Lots of new content there gonna take months even years to get through. I briefly considered switching to a yearly sub but even on sale at $130 NZD sadly that's still a bit much for me. If it was $90-$100 maybe. Will stay monthly for now still gives me the option of canceling and not losing too much money so there's that at least

Wendy Pleakley

And it's live. All the agents of shield seasons are finally there! Lots of new content there gonna take months even years to get through. I briefly considered switching to a yearly sub but even on sale at $130 NZD sadly that's still a bit much for me. If it was $90-$100 maybe. Will stay monthly for now still gives me the option of canceling and not losing too much money so there's that at least

Existing subscribers keep the current rate until August, at least in Canada.

BrianLo

Just as a data point for non-Star markets and some long ago discussions. When I launched in my web browser today it had a fancy animation and Zoomed into the 6th icon (Star). It defaults all profiles to not seeing TV-MA content. It then asked for my password, further asks if I wanted to Pin lock my profile that I had set to TV-MA and then asked if I wanted to give other profiles permission to access that content.

All very smooth, but no one is accidentally letting their kids into mature content (Never say never, people are dumb). But it's almost fool proof.

Disney+ feels like a much more complete product (for me). Even though there is a lot of content missing still that I actually want to watch.

Stripes

Overall, I am excited for so much content. Some shows are missing for Canada that the UK has, etc. Bobs Burgers is only two seasons, etc.

It's an amazing start though.
VPN works like a charm. You also don’t have to leave VPN on the whole time you’re streaming. Fully quit the Disney+ app by dismissing it in multitasking, turn on VPN, open Disney+, then turn off VPN. If you want to revert back to your native country you just have to fully quit it again and reopen it without VPN on.

If you’re in the U.S. the Star logo will even pop up on the home screen if the app thinks you’re in Canada, UK, etc.

D0BF597F-0DD5-4486-9850-6718EA7BBB7B.jpeg

571DFF02-FB70-4977-BB5F-27333890944E.png

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Not all Hulu content is on Star (Animaniacs reboot is absent) and there's still a lack of Fox classic titles. They have the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still, but not the black and white original.

Slpy3270

Netflix is dominating in Japan and South Korea while Disney+ is booming in India and Indonesia

Could be problematic since India and Indonesia aren't exactly known for having liberal media freedom laws.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom