Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

doctornick

Wasn’t sure where to put this, but guess who’s return to Marvel Studios?

Yeah, I'm sure Disney will get right on doing a new Punisher series for Disney+ ;)

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing them producing some more mature superhero content - presumably for Hulu (Star internationally) as they did for the short lived Helstrom series - but I'm skeptical that Disney wants to. Either way, I would fully understand not wanting to tie such properties too closely to the family friendly MCU.

Darkprime

There's no way they don't develop new shows for each of the defenders. That's just leaving money on the table. I remember hearing a couple of years ago not long after the cancellations that they could go to Hulu/Fx when they returned to Disney. They might wait a little while before doing a full on Punisher show given recent events. But I'm hoping that they still let the character pop up maybe in a supporting role or cameo in another show like Armor Wars. And with the rumors of Daredevil appearing Spider-Man 3 and Jessica Jones in She-Hulk its sounding like we wont have to wait too long before we see them again.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

Futurama will be in the Star section of D+ for the British Isles.

Princess Leia

Some of that surprises me. I really like Ozark, never would have guessed it would be number one though.

Secret Life of Pets 2 surprises me along with the fact Frozen (first one) has been supplanted enough that it isn't the top ten. Lion King obviously didn't kick around as well either.

Netflix ironically has gradually lost the Studio Movie streaming war now that everyone is doing their own thing.

Edit: Oh this is counted by total minutes watched, which benefits Ozark because I think a lot of people just finally picked up the series this year and therefore watched 30 episodes.
That Ozark comment could be about me. I was looking for something new to watch early in the pandemic, binged that pretty quickly.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Watched the first Muppet Show episode over lunch today. I went through the episode list after, and while I feel like my parents immersed me in a lot of pop culture from that era... I am stumped with a lot of these guests.

Darkprime

Oh god. The halved frame rate of The Muppet Show just for the sake of pleasing the make-everything-HD crowd is making me ill.

What is it with streaming services doing this? HBO Max did something similar to Doctor Who. But in this case they upped the frame rate now it looks all weird.

Darkprime

So Star is supposed to be launching tomorrow (it will be the 23rd here) but idk if I have to wait an extra day cause of the timezone difference though. Cant find anything on the D+ website.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disney is ready to bring the characters from its theme parks and classic films to life in a new way.

The media giant is teaming with For All Mankind creator Ron Moore to develop a franchise for streamer Disney+ that is set in Disney's beloved Magic Kingdom. The first project in the works as part of the so-called Magic Kingdom Universe is The Society of Explorers and Adventurers, which is set in a world where all the themed lands and characters of the Disney parks and classic films actually exist in another reality."

Darkprime

Star content is slowly starting to show up. But it looks like it hasn't fully launched yet no Star specific tab on Disney+ itself. I'm guessing it doesn't officially launch till the 23rd US time.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
"Disney is ready to bring the characters from its theme parks and classic films to life in a new way.

The media giant is teaming with For All Mankind creator Ron Moore to develop a franchise for streamer Disney+ that is set in Disney's beloved Magic Kingdom. The first project in the works as part of the so-called Magic Kingdom Universe is The Society of Explorers and Adventurers, which is set in a world where all the themed lands and characters of the Disney parks and classic films actually exist in another reality."

Wish they would have went forward with The Kingdom Keepers series they had started to develop.

Slpy3270

Interesting that 20th Television (Fox), of all Disney studios, is producing it.

Brer Oswald

0F0DACFE-A4BB-4D6C-B84C-E03127575F2F.jpeg

:eek:

BrianLo

Ya it looks like it's weirdly half launched on my end too.

Love Victor has two episodes up, I'm not sure if they are doing weekly releases for Star Markets.

PS: Star logo has more of a vroom/zoom tone to it and a softer click. Than the Disney Plus Swish and Click. Random stupid information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom