Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

seascape

I wish Disney would report the number of D23 members that signed up for the founders circle. They also are signing up Disvey Visa card members with a discount. These numbers should have to be reported in their quarterly report but there is no reason they can't be reported as soon as the deadline for each discount passes.

VJ

I wish Disney would report the number of D23 members that signed up for the founders circle. They also are signing up Disvey Visa card members with a discount. These numbers should have to be reported in their quarterly report but there is no reason they can't be reported as soon as the deadline for each discount passes.
Disney Movie Club members also get a discount.

SirLink

They are saying theses are avaialbe on D+ day 1 based on Netherland's test rollout going on now, which seems to include some of the not included from your Thursday post.

Can you give any further insight as to the origins of your list Mr Penguin? I'd be apt to trust your list if you had confidence in your sources.

The US won't get that list just based off the Netflix contract for the US

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
They are saying theses are avaialbe on D+ day 1 based on Netherland's test rollout going on now, which seems to include some of the not included from your Thursday post.

Can you give any further insight as to the origins of your list Mr Penguin? I'd be apt to trust your list if you had confidence in your sources.

My list is from what the video posted above had as he scrolled through. As I mentioned in my post, there's likely to be changes.

Indy_UK

I’ve got an email from Disney+ saying that I’m going to need to login and authorise a bank card from the Netherlands. I’m guessing they are clamping down on the VPN stuff and I’m going to loose my access before long

DiscoveryTank

I think most Fox properties, including Blue Sky will be on Hulu. I was surprised when they said The Simpsons would be Disney+. That's all just speculation on my end though. Hulu sounds like it will be the home to most of "Old Fox's" shows and movies.
Does sound very reasonable,
They have said they want to remake Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Cheaper by the Dozen, Home Alone and Night of the Museum with rumors of the Princess Bride for Disney+
Maybe only the things they are remaking will be on there

Oscar

When it comes to Disney+ streaming services, i get plenty of ideas for the streaming service.

* Bringing Danger Mouse 2015 to Disney+, in a deal with Boat Rocker Media
* House of Mouse revival with new characters from new Disney animated feature, Pixar, Disney animated TV series (like Phineas and Ferb, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Bonkers, etc.)
* Newsies remake from the team of La La Land.

If Disney make a public apologies to Iginio Straffi and Rainbow Spa, and later made a deal to have Disney acquire Rainbow Spa.

* Winx Club HD remake (from Season 1 to 4), with Rob Renzetti as Executive Producer.
* Winx Club live-action film.
* Other Rainbow shows and movies for Disney+, such as 44 Cats, Huntik, etc.
* Rainbow owns Colorado Films which produces Italian films such as La ragazza nella nebbia (The Girl in the Fog), Tiro Libero, etc. Those films will be put on Hulu, instead of Disney+.

The Mom

Premium Member
When it comes to Disney+ streaming services, i get plenty of ideas for the streaming service.

* House of Mouse revival with new characters from new Disney animated feature, Pixar, Disney animated TV series (like Phineas and Ferb, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Bonkers, etc.)

If Disney make a public apologies to Iginio Straffi and Rainbow Spa, and later made a deal to have Disney acquire Rainbow Spa.

* Winx Club HD remake (from Season 1 to 4), with Rob Renzetti as Executive Producer.
* Rainbow owns Colorado Films which produces Italian films such as La ragazza nella nebbia (The Girl in the Fog), Tiro Libero, etc. Those films will be put on Hulu, instead of Disney+.

Completely off topic, but the original Danger Mouse was one of my daughter's favorite programs. Somewhere I have a photo of her at around age 2 dressed up as him for Halloween. She turned 36 today. Crikey! :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

That's mostly not owned by Disney, so, zero percent chance of happening.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

CBS owns the streaming rights in the US for Danger Mouse.

And I believe Nickelodeon owns the streaming rights to all the Rainbow (due to Viacom owning Nick and 30% of Rainbow) content in the US.

So basically Viacom will or currently owns all that content, no chance for Disney to get their hands on it.

Oscar

CBS owns the streaming rights in the US for Danger Mouse.

And I believe Nickelodeon owns the streaming rights to all the Rainbow (due to Viacom owning Nick and 30% of Rainbow) content in the US.

So basically Viacom will or currently owns all that content, no chance for Disney to get their hands on it.

Remember how Disney made an exchange deal with NBCUniversal in 2006, where NBC will have sportcaster Al Michaels and Disney will have the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit back?

Maybe after Viacom and CBS merge is complete, It's up to Disney to have an exchange deal with ViacomCBS. I don't know if Disney still owns the rights to Doug and/or if any people working at ABC or/and ESPN might interest in working at CBS. Besides, Viacom also owns the four Indiana Jones movies and they did not fully owned Rainbow.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Remember how Disney made an exchange deal with NBCUniversal in 2006, where NBC will have sportcaster Al Michaels and Disney will have the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit back?

Maybe after Viacom and CBS merge is complete, It's up to Disney to have an exchange deal with ViacomCBS. I don't know if Disney still owns the rights to Doug and/or if any people working at ABC or/and ESPN might interest in working at CBS. Besides, Viacom also owns the four Indiana Jones movies and they did not fully owned Rainbow.
As I said they own 30% of Rainbow, but it’s Nick that has the rights in the US. Also if any trade were to happen it would be for Indy not any of the Rainbow content.

So again no way Disney gets their hands on that content, nor would I think they’d want it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom