Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Tony Perkis

i was very anxious this was a false story. Not sure Star Wars would have survived if it had been fake news.

Ecstatic they got EM on board. Wow.
What?! Not sure Star Wars would survive without an Ewan McGregor led Obi-Wan film? That doesn’t make sense.

Tony Perkis

Bit of hyperbole. But it would have set the franchise and Disney+ backwards quite a bit.
It would have had no effect on the franchise nor Disney+. An Obi-Wan led series is icing on the cake, not the lynchpin that holds this thing together.

Disney+, at its current pricing structure, is an absolute slam dunk, even without new material.

jt04

It would have had no effect on the franchise nor Disney+. An Obi-Wan led series is icing on the cake, not the lynchpin that holds this thing together.

Disney+, at its current pricing structure, is an absolute slam dunk, even without new material.

If only such logic was more common I would share your confidence in the matter. Be careful you will get labeled as a pixie duster.

And I don't agree at all it wouldn't have had an impact. Long time fans that were jumping ship are now back on board. Big time.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Silly question but, curious..Does anyone know if they would allow Disney Gift cards to be used to purchase the $70 year package or would it be similar to how Netflix has it's own gift card?

Tony Perkis

If only such logic was more common I would share your confidence in the matter. Be careful you will get labeled as a pixie duster.

And I don't agree at all it wouldn't have had an impact. Long time fans that were jumping ship are now back on board. Big time.
The series is over a year away. It will have no impact on the launch of the service.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Silly question but, curious..Does anyone know if they would allow Disney Gift cards to be used to purchase the $70 year package or would it be similar to how Netflix has it's own gift card?
Nothing has been mentioned about it that I'm aware of. But would make sense given that you can use them for virtually all things Disney. As we get closer to the November launch I'm sure there will be more information on payment.

Cosmic Commando

No.

This is why I highly doubted the notion that Disney was releasing so many of these live action remakes in 2019 to line up with Disney+. They still have a contract with Netflix they have to respect.
Any movies released in 2019 are not part of the Netflix deal. That's why they can claim Captain Marvel as a launch title for Disney+. So while the math doesn't work out if someone is claiming that they released all these sure-fire hits like Lion King, Toy Story, Frozen in order to have them ready for launch in November, I wouldn't be shocked if it was part of the strategy to get those titles released and make sure they were available in "year one".

Edit: And the whole launch of Disney+ in late 2019 is probably not an accident with respect to the end of the Netflix deal... it's late enough into 2019 that some of the 2019 releases will show up soon after launch, whether or not it was these specific movies (Endgame was surely locked in for 2019 when they decided). Imagine the reaction from people not in the know if Disney+ launched in March of this year as "the home to all things Disney", and then Netflix had Mary Poppins Returns show up in July!

Last edited:

DAR1974

Will these show up?

vd-attack-plan-3a34df09b70d9677f9c107ed672239e9.jpg

Indy_UK

What do you all think the likelihood of Disney resort rooms having Disney+?

They've confirmed that will be the case. Grand Destino Tower has the new screens with will have Disney+ added when it launches, I'm just not sure if it can be retro added to all the other TVs at WDW or whether they would need new TVs

Is there a plan for a separate Disney+ subforum on the boards or is all just going under TV and movies? I would love a Disney+ subforum

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom