Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Doodlelicious

after-all-theres-only-one-more-sleep-til-hamilton.jpg

Tony Perkis

One uncensored one. The ratings board is very strict with that.

Two others were drowned out by other noises (or weren't completed).
Yep, the MPAA (or MPA, whatever they're called now), allows for one F-bomb in a non-sexual manner to maintain a PG-13. I knew 2 would be met with some sort of censor.

Still, Disney+ has an F-bomb. That's a really new development for the Mouse House.

Mickey Pride

I was lucky enough to see a touring stage performance of Hamilton in my area, but not the original Broadway cast like the one on Disney+ that I was able to enjoy yesterday. I have to say each of the performers were outstanding and I will be enjoying this show many times.

PiratesMansion

Does it mean no worries for the rest of your days?
Kind of!

But not nearly enough for Disney's comfort.

That said, surely they have filmed versions of their own stage musicals sitting in the vault somewhere? Especially if the show's closed already, why not release those, even if not all of them are exactly high watermarks?

Tony Perkis

Kind of!

But not nearly enough for Disney's comfort.

That said, surely they have filmed versions of their own stage musicals sitting in the vault somewhere? Especially if the show's closed already, why not release those, even if not all of them are exactly high watermarks?
I think there’s a large market for pre-recorded performances of shows. I would argue that they doubly serve as advertising for the live stage shows. I really, really want to see a live production of Reefer Madness.

HBO Max and Netflix should be actively pursuing The Book of Mormon. According to Josh Gad, an original cast recording exists.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom