Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Tony Perkis

I still maintain that their biggest streaming success will come when they scrap Hulu and combine everything together.

79F0CD14-F1C7-4F00-8942-39A22BB4010A.jpeg

Princess Leia

I just started watching Runaways... on Disney+. It’s Marvel and TV14, so there’s some Marvel movie language (the kind that Tony Stark and Star Lord typically use). Also, LBGT characters who are teens.

also, literally in the first episode, one of the lead characters- a TEENAGE girl - is almost sexually assaulted.

They could have left this show on Hulu. But, Disney brought it over to Disney+.

I just don’t know why Lizzie McGuire can’t be a fun TV-14 show. Or the Love Simon show. People in their 20s and 30s need more content on this streaming service.

And that’s all I’m going to say about that.

SirLink

I just started watching Runaways... on Disney+. It’s Marvel and TV14, so there’s some Marvel movie language (the kind that Tony Stark and Star Lord typically use). Also, LBGT characters who are teens.

also, literally in the first episode, one of the lead characters- a TEENAGE girl - is almost sexually assaulted.

They could have left this show on Hulu. But, Disney brought it over to Disney+.

I just don’t know why Lizzie McGuire can’t be a fun TV-14 show. Or the Love Simon show. People in their 20s and 30s need more content on this streaming service.

And that’s all I’m going to say about that.

Viewers get de-centralized to the fact its in a world similar but different the fact that superheroes exist, LM for all intent purpose is set in the real world. Now this may be the old Disney 6 headed beasts, Direct to consumer dept agreed to edgier LM but at the 11th hour Disney Channel production team was aghast at the direction and pulled their IP away.

Like how Noelle was originally going to be released into cinemas and then when they realised they couldn't make money of it, get paid from the Direct-to-consumer business unit.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I love MattPat....

I stopped following him when it became apparent he ran out of actual theories that could be plausible in order to make very long arguments for very ridiculous ideas which he clearly did not believe in himself just to continue to produce content. After all, "it's just a theory."

brb1006

I'm currently watching the latest episode of Last Week Tonight With John Oliver and he briefly discussed Hotstar and Disney.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I stopped following him when it became apparent he ran out of actual theories that could be plausible in order to make very long arguments for very ridiculous ideas which he clearly did not believe in himself just to continue to produce content. After all, "it's just a theory."
I personally like the science behind all the theories, something that is lacking in a lot of content out there. There is a lot of stupid content out there, especially in the film and game arena. The science is at least sound and well researched. He even makes theories about movies based on just the trailers, something all of us do, so its also relatable. Plus the catch phrase is pretty fun....

So you have to think it takes a long time to produce that kind of content. Its very heavy on images and animation, not to mention the research it takes on the science to back the theories. So when you have a channel like that where you have to produce content on a regular weekly basis and not every one-two months. Yeah sometimes you have to put out theories that you my not 100% believe (he even states it in a lot of his content, at least he's honest about it).

Do you really think all of the other film/game theorist Youtubers out there believe all the content they put out? Probably not, especially when its just based on trailers. And if they don't are they actually honest about it like MattPat is? Most I would say no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom