Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Darkprime

And Disney+ is live here in New Zealand has been live since around 6am I think.

So far impressed MCU library is mostly complete minus 4 films. we're missing Ragnarok, Homecoming, FFH and incredible Hulk. Much more complete than the U.S. Unlike the U.S library we have Infinity War, Black Panther & AM&TW :D

Star Wars is complete minus Last Jedi like Ragnarok I think this is tied up at another service called Neon for a little while longer.

prberk

I’m surprised they didn’t make a bigger deal of the original trilogy in 4K

To me it is clear that, even though they own Fox now, the marketers at Disney still feel the need to lean toward "their" trilogy, and really almost take the "original trilogy" for granted. It's there, but they really feel no need to put it out front... perhaps almost intuitively keeping it from outshining their trilogy.

Even Galaxy' Edge, which you would think should be built to appeal across generations and be meant to stand for several more, is based on the Disney SW trilogy's time and space.

Animaniac93-98

Uploading the original, unedited Star Wars trilogy in 4K would be a huge selling point for Disney+, but the company would probably want to maximize physical disc sales first before doing that.

Animaniac93-98

And Disney+ is live here in New Zealand has been live since around 6am I think.

So far impressed MCU library is mostly complete minus 4 films. we're missing Ragnarok, Homecoming, FFH and incredible Hulk. Much more complete than the U.S. Unlike the U.S library we have Infinity War, Black Panther & AM&TW :D

Star Wars is complete minus Last Jedi like Ragnarok I think this is tied up at another service called Neon for a little while longer.

Don't expect Far From Home and Homecoming to be on Disney+. They're both Sony releases, not Disney.

Maybe they'll cut a deal for the streaming rights? I'm not sure how much or what Sony would want in return.

Ripken10

Don't expect Far From Home and Homecoming to be on Disney+. They're both Sony releases, not Disney.

Maybe they'll cut a deal for the streaming rights? I'm not sure how much or what Sony would want in return.
Their were rumors that part of the negotiations for the new deal between Marvel and Sony for the next Spider-Man Movies that the streaming rights were discussed

Darkprime

Watched Avatar last night noticed a bit of hitching. I will put that down to launch day bugs hopefully they iron that stuff out. Hopefully we get Avatar in 4k eventually and the extended cut would be nice.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The program needs a Continue Watching option, badly.

Additionally, it also needs to keep track of a movie or episode no matter if I’m casting or streaming. I’m losing patience with having to find a casting point after I’ve been watching for roughly over an hour. Netflix has this continuity factor beat by a mile.

Rumor has it that the functionality was partly responsible for the launch day outages, so it was temporarily removed. Just saw an article that said that it will likely return in a couple of weeks.

This is my only annoyance with the service, tbh. But Netflix has had 10+ years to get it right and much more linear growth. I'm willing to cut Disney some slack and give them a little time to get it right. I'm a software engineer - I know how hard these problems can be at scale.

Princess Leia

So does anyone know why Steamboat Willie of all things has an outdated cultural depictions warning? Pete chews tobacco (which should have prompted a tobacco warning, but didn’t)... but that’s it. Unless it’s there because Mickey turns unhappy cats and pigs into animals, and drowns the jerk parrot.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
So does anyone know why Steamboat Willie of all things has an outdated cultural depictions warning? Pete chews tobacco (which should have prompted a tobacco warning, but didn’t)... but that’s it. Unless it’s there because Mickey turns unhappy cats and pigs into animals, and drowns the jerk parrot.
They lift up Minnie into the boat by her undergarment?

plus the messing with animals I imagine.

NateD1226

I am loving Disney+ and really love all the content shown on the platform. My only complaint is that Disney needs to make a Continue Watching section ASAP!

Princess Leia

I am loving Disney+ and really love all the content shown on the platform. My only complaint is that Disney needs to make a Continue Watching section ASAP!
They’re working on it! I actually am impressed that they’re responding to user suggestions.

Now they just need a better algorithm for the ‘Recommended’ section. I have no interest in Good Luck Charlie, but it’s popped up every day for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom