Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The price of Hulu Live TV is going up 22%, to $55/month starting December 18.

Something Disney-owned having a double-digit price increase? Color me (not) shocked...

mikejs78

Premium Member
The price of Hulu Live TV is going up 22%, to $55/month starting December 18.

Something Disney-owned having a double-digit price increase? Color me (not) shocked...
In this case it's probably more the cost of the channels. You're seeing this kind of price increase with many of the small bundle providers.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Original aspect ratio for the Simpsons will become an option in early 2020...

UPDATE, 11/15/19: Per a Disney+ spokesperson, the show’s original aspect ratio will eventually be back, in streaming form:​
We presented The Simpsons in 16:9 aspect ratio at launch in order to guarantee visual quality and consistency across all 30 seasons. Over time, Disney+ will roll out new features and additional viewing options. As part of this, in early 2020, Disney+ will make the first 19 seasons (and some episodes from Season 20) of The Simpsons available in their original 4:3 aspect ratio, giving subscribers a choice of how they prefer to view the popular series.​

Animaniac93-98

Some people are having their accounts hacked into:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Some people are having their accounts hacked into:

Translation: disney+ is just another target for phishing attempts and people with previously compromised accounts. Nothing to see here...

flynnibus

Premium Member
Unless you're the one being targeted.

It's just a warning and some info on what to do to prevent your account info from being leaked. It's not an attack on Disney for failing to do something, or saying that you're automatically at risk for signing up.

Its nothing about disney at all really... except for “here is the latest service people are interested in”

There is nothing extra in there about protecting your d+ account nor extra risk either. Its just the flavor of the month

Disney will improve their account management tools over time... it is... inevitable

LSLS

So has anyone heard anything else about disney plus not saving your place. It's pretty frustrating not being able to come back to a movie later or having to remember the exact episodes you left off on.

NateD1226

So has anyone heard anything else about disney plus not saving your place. It's pretty frustrating not being able to come back to a movie later or having to remember the exact episodes you left off on.
Yeah it happens to me as well. Users were saying that when they first got it had a continued watching section, but Disney removed it because it was causing the glitches.

Indy_UK

i dont know if I’m missing something but I’ve just re-joined Hulu with ads and the content is incredibly thin? Are all the other providers currently pulling their content?

Maybe Disney needs to really push to get all the Fox content including movie library on Hulu and bolster the offering

mikejs78

Premium Member
i dont know if I’m missing something but I’ve just re-joined Hulu with ads and the content is incredibly thin? Are all the other providers currently pulling their content?

Maybe Disney needs to really push to get all the Fox content including movie library on Hulu and bolster the offering
I find there to be quite a bit of content on Hulu... What do you think is missing?

They do need to get their Fox/Touchstone content on there but a lot of it is tied up in other contracts.

5thGenTexan

78159901_1209294762602675_3853066357251768320_n.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So far I have been watching using the Xbox app and it has been saving my place, but I don't think I have let a show go more than about 24 hours. The Xbox also keeps apps running in the background until you physically shut them down which might have something to do with it as well.

Ripken10

So far I have been watching using the Xbox app and it has been saving my place, but I don't think I have let a show go more than about 24 hours. The Xbox also keeps apps running in the background until you physically shut them down which might have something to do with it as well.
We were watching a movie yesterday, than (also less than 24 hours later) we stopped and started it again later. It saved our spot.

LSLS

Hopefully they are updating the apps as we speak and this is being fixed now.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hopefully they are updating the apps as we speak and this is being fixed now.
I would imagine that they are.

It always surprises me how many features that are now common place are not included when a service like this launches. Back when the Xbox One first launched, it' Blu-Ray player app did not save your space like every other DVD and Blu-Ray player had done since the dawn of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom