Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I got the wife the 45th anniversary DVD/Blu-Ray box set. Probably not the wisest move on my part as I am not a huge fan of the movie and it is on all the time in my house.

This one? :hilarious:

image.jpg

Beacon Joe

Is there a way to search the catalog of what's actually available through Disney+? I know that Iger claimed that the entire Disney film library would be available, but for some reason I think he's lying through his teeth.

I couldn't care less about Star Wars or Marvel comic book nonsense. What I want to know is if customers will be able to view any of the following:
- Walt Disney's Disneyland TV show
- True Life Adventures
- Zorro
- Swamp Fox
- Mouseterpiece Theatre
- Unabridged classic Mickey cartoons
- Any Oswald cartoons
- The original Duck Tales
- Victory through Air Power
- Follow Me, Boys
- Make Mine Magic
- Reluctant Dragon
- The Three Caballeros or Saludos Amigos
- Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
- Davy Crockett
- Light in the Forest
- Swiss Family Robinson
- Song of the South
- etc

Animaniac93-98

Is there a way to search the catalog of what's actually available through Disney+? I know that Iger claimed that the entire Disney film library would be available, but for some reason I think he's lying through his teeth.

I couldn't care less about Star Wars or Marvel comic book nonsense. What I want to know is if customers will be able to view any of the following:
- True Life Adventures
- Zorro
- Swamp Fox
- Mouseterpiece Theatre
- Any Oswald cartoons
- The original Duck Tales
- Follow Me, Boys
- Make Mine Magic
- Reluctant Dragon
- The Three Caballeros or Saludos Amigos
- Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
- Davy Crockett
- Light in the Forest
- Swiss Family Robinson
- Song of the South
- etc

Several of those are on Disney+ now.

Don't hold your breath for the WW2 stuff. Thank goodness I got that DVD when it was for sale! It's a true "treasure" indeed.

Disney Analyst

I actually think this went quite smoothly. Everything seems to be running fine now, the morning crush did what I expected it would. Every big launch of anything has these issues, unfortunately the internet is creaky and this stuff happens.

Jeffree Star and Shane Dawson broke Shopify a couple weeks ago with their launch.. Ticket sites alway struggle with a surge from a big event going on sale.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I actually think this went quite smoothly. Everything seems to be running fine now, the morning crush did what I expected it would. Every big launch of anything has these issues, unfortunately the internet is creaky and this stuff happens.

Jeffree Star and Shane Dawson broke Shopify a couple weeks ago with their launch.. Ticket sites alway struggle with a surge from a big event going on sale.

Yeah. I have been flipping through pages and browsing content for the last 20 minutes. No issues at all now.

Cosmic Commando

Neat feature, if you look up certain Disney movies you'll see "extras" like DVD bonus features. Nice to have those too.

For example, they have the whole 45 min making of documentary for Sleeping Beauty.
And The Muppet Christmas Carol has the deleted song "When Love is Gone" as an extra. Not as great as having it integrated in the movie, but it's nice. Having special features like this for movies you don't own is an amazing concept.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

What devices and platforms are supported by Disney+?

Disney+ supports playback on mobile devices, desktop browsers, game consoles, set-top boxes, and smart TVs.
You can enjoy Disney+ on the following devices:

Desktop Web Browsers (via streaming)
Disney+ desktop browser system requirements

Mobile Devices and Tablets (via free downloaded app)
Android phone and tablet
Apple iPhone and iPad

Smart TVs (pre-installed or via free downloaded app)
LG WebOS Smart TVs
Samsung Tizen Smart TVs
Android TV Devices

Set-top Boxes and Game Consoles (via free downloaded app)
Apple TV (4th Generation and later)
Sony PlayStation 4
Roku
Xbox One

Other Streaming Devices (via free downloaded app)
Chromebook
Chromecast
Apple AirPlay
Amazon FireTV

Elizabeth Swann

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
And The Muppet Christmas Carol has the deleted song "When Love is Gone" as an extra. Not as great as having it integrated in the movie, but it's nice. Having special features like this for movies you don't own is an amazing concept.
I am so happy they at least added as an extra. I remember watching the original all the time when I was kid and I was so sad that they had removed it when I bought the Blue Ray a couple of years ago

Tony Perkis

Using the 1 year free trial through Verizon. Very happy with the service so far. Love that literally everything is available for offline downloading, and the amount of 4K HDR content is impressive (though a bit disappointing, quality wise, on the hand drawn animated films).

Back to Ducktales.

Schema

What I want to know is if customers will be able to view any of the following:

- True Life Adventures (I see some, such as Living Desert and The African Lion)
- Zorro (I only see The Sign of Zorro)
- Swamp Fox
- Mouseterpiece Theatre
- Any Oswald cartoons
- The original Duck Tales (I see seasons 1-3)
- Follow Me, Boys
- Make Mine Magic
- Reluctant Dragon (Yes)
- The Three Caballeros or Saludos Amigos (Yes)
- Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (Yes)
- Davy Crockett (I only see King of the Wild Frontier and River Pirates)
- Light in the Forest
- Swiss Family Robinson (Yes, 1940 and 1960)
- Song of the South
- etc (Yes)

Keep in mind that just because it isn't there on day one, doesn't mean that it may not be added in the future.

Disstevefan1

I will always be confused by the people who didn't expect there to be outages and upset by them... there are always outages on every internet service and they always end up just fine. You think Netflix got to where it is today without a single outage? Amazon powers about every online service currently in existence and even they experience near monthly outages.

I wouldn't worry about outages on a brand new streaming service that expects millions of new subscribers right off the bat. Expect some continuing outages while behind the scenes work is done to smooth things out on the server side of things. All will be well.

To be clear, as I stated in my post I fully expected for it to be down. and I did say "Good Job Disney" :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom