Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

LSLS

Yup, was here when I got up first thing in the morning. Gotta admit, I'm surprised I have not seen any bugs or issues. Layout seems good for what it is. Just found the profiles section which I was hoping for as well.

david10225

Some gems there. Couldnt find some things I really wanted to introduce my kids / grandson to....wdwwoc episodes like swamp fox, the scarecrow of romney marsh and.old movies like the happiest millionaire and the moonspinners,.

A Noble Fish

The app is down as of 6:52am EST. Expected due to the unprecedented demand.
94CFEFD9-AFCF-4802-A99E-32549B0C5B0E.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's working great... except for the Star Wars section. It plays the animation for the SW section then goes to a blank screen. So, I'm assuming that whatever servers the SW stuff is on is being hammered by people watching The Mandalorian.

As far as I can see, neither Avatar nor The Simpsons are under any of the main sections. You have to find them through the browser/search. So... the Disney section is just Disney and not any of Fox. (yet?)

carolina_yankee

It's working great... except for the Star Wars section. It plays the animation for the SW section then goes to a blank screen. So, I'm assuming that whatever servers the SW stuff is on is being hammered by people watching The Mandalorian.

As far as I can see, neither Avatar nor The Simpsons are under any of the main sections. You have to find them through the browser/search. So... the Disney section is just Disney and not any of Fox. (yet?)

Both were available to me on the Home screen (iOS app) under Recommended or whatever it’s called.

Search never worked. Always got Ralph, but had no trouble starting a show from home screen. Loved Mandalorian.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was able to get to the Mandalorian through the "originals" tab, but there was no button to hit play. Its server must be hit hard.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Logged in at 5am central this morning on my Roku TV. Worked great. Then went back in just after 6am. Screen load was a little laggy which I expected. People need to go to work! Lol.

erasure fan1

It's about as expected so far. My phone won't load any content once I've logged in. And the star wars and pixar tab is just broken along with the search function. Im not surprised it's struggling.Imm a bit confused why the MCU isn't in release order. Heck it's not in any order. Lol

Edit*
And now the whole thing errors out and can't connect to servers.

Last edited:

Epcot_Imagineer

Waiting to watch the Disney content with my girlfriend tonight... downloaded a couple Simpsons episodes for my lunch break or if things get slow. I think the playback UI is designed rather poorly, with the pause/play/forward/rewind buttons incredibly small and in the middle of the screen. But this is software and I'm sure things will change and improve just as Netflix and Hulu have done.

I do think the homescreen is designed the best out of all the streaming platforms though. I will always think Hulu's text centric layout is abysmal.

CJR

I haven't watched anything yet, but I find the layout and everything to be very impressive. Disney did a great job with everything, including making sure that it worked on day one. Even the errors that it does have are short.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Was able to watch The Mandalorian through the website.

Roku's Disney+ app not only won't let SW content load, but is sometimes not even starting to get to the home page.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom