Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

BrianLo

What is so strange is that after years of degrading from traditional cable models... my TV viewing habits have reverted from 90% binging to 75% weekly releases.

Spurred by the fact there are a handful of shows on HBO, Apple Tv and Disney+. I've been all in on Netflix for years and suddenly I'm half way out.

Netflix is dropping the ball without having some big appeal shows ready to go this November as counter programming.

However, what remains non-traditional is that pretty much Friday and Sunday are the main event nights in TV these days.

Cosmic Commando

I'm excited that we're already up to at least DLP halfway through The Imagineering Story. Honestly, we probably know almost all the stories from 1955-1982 (though you're goshdarn right I'm going to be watching those episodes day-of!). It's nice to get some attention to the later stuff.

seascape

Now that it appears that CBS/Viacom is no longer going to buy the Miramax Library, I think Hulu should go after it. The Walt Disney Company has already been blamed for Weinstein and so there is no real downside to buying it. On top of that, there is a debate on the actual value of between 125 million and 325 million. I think if Hulu could get ownership it would help their library of movies plus Disney could gain so.extra good will if they could buy the library for 125 with an agreement with the victims fund to donate of a 200 million.

AnotherDayAnotherDollar

Now that it appears that CBS/Viacom is no longer going to buy the Miramax Library, I think Hulu should go after it. The Walt Disney Company has already been blamed for Weinstein and so there is no real downside to buying it. On top of that, there is a debate on the actual value of between 125 million and 325 million. I think if Hulu could get ownership it would help their library of movies plus Disney could gain so.extra good will if they could buy the library for 125 with an agreement with the victims fund to donate of a 200 million.

Interesting the CBSViacom is out. Also interesting that Netflix, Apple, Amazon, and yes Hulu (Disney), Warner (ATT), and Universal (Comcast). Hulu in particular would be well served as Universal and Warner pull their content from there in the next 3-5 years. FX - and even Fox/Touchstone - alone is not sufficient. Price is relatively cheap and content is key as the "streaming war" heats up.

Ripken10

Interesting the CBSViacom is out. Also interesting that Netflix, Apple, Amazon, and yes Hulu (Disney), Warner (ATT), and Universal (Comcast). Hulu in particular would be well served as Universal and Warner pull their content from there in the next 3-5 years. FX - and even Fox/Touchstone - alone is not sufficient. Price is relatively cheap and content is key as the "streaming war" heats up.
Their live tv also needs to be considered. I would imagine they will keep select pieces of their Disney library on there as well, and with it bundled with Disney+ and/or ESPN+ it only helps.

BrianLo

I'm excited for the third seasons of The Crown and The Toys That Made Us, but that's just me.

I did think about the Crown, but it’s not totally a four quad tent pole that pulls in subscribers. HBO has Watchmen and His dark materials, Disney has the Mandalorian, Apple TV has See (+\-) quality on that one.

It’s also heading into its third season. The general thought is most shows have their audience established heading into their third season and don’t typically grow. (Again a few exceptions like Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad).

Also the issue with the Netflix model now is that the conversation surrounding its tent poles lasts about a week.

Last edited:

BrianLo

It’s not getting that much play on the top side... but this is the most important day for the Disney Company since June 2016.

gmajew

Premium Member
Waiting for the bundle pricing to be available.... Will buy at some point the next few days but not with out lowering my total bill.

CJR

I jumped in on the 3 year pricing a few weeks back. $4/month is better than any bundle they might come at me with.

Especially if you're not into sports much and only use Hulu on a more occasional basis.

They will get me though when The Orville relaunches. Of course, it won't take me three years to watch it. Disney Plus will be the perfect base platform for me, while I rotate around Hulu, Netflix, HBO, etc. No need to have them all at the same time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom