Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

disneyforever101396

Hello. I've been on this forum about a year, and ever since I saw all the main details about Disney+, I've already said 'SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!' Let me list all the reasons why I'm excited.

The entire Disney Animated Library. Now we may not get everything when it launches, but at least we get Lilo and Stitch, 101 Dalmatians, Bambi, Fantasia, Frozen, Hercules, Moana, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Zootopia. For all of you who think the launch line up is weak, patience is key.

And almost every Pixar movie except Coco and Toy Story 4 isn't bad either. Plus, there's gonna be a Monsters Inc cartoon, and a Forky short series.

As for Disney Channel kids everywhere, Kim Possible will finally make her streaming debut. (In my personal opinion, Disney Now doesn't count) Also I'm pretty excited for the High School Musical TV show (Or Disney's Glee as you all are calling it)

Now for Fox fans, every Simpsons ever is one of the deal breakers. You can't beat that! Plus Malcolm in the Middle doesn't hurt either.

Nat Geo is a pretty cool spot for Disney Plus. After all, it doesn't really kill to have some cool documentaries about nature and seeing the world.

Let's move onto Marvel. Captain Marvel as the first 2019 title on streaming and exclusive to Disney+? Why are you all complaining about the lack of Marvel content? We should be glad we're getting anything at all. Plus, the first 'real' MCU shows ever. (To be honest, the stuff on Hulu and Netflix don't connect with the movies) I'm seriously looking forward to them.

Now onto Star Wars! Almost every Star Wars ever including the two trilogies! Now that's good enough for any hardcore Star Wars fan.

Finally, the first ever true Star Wars TV show ever: The Mandalorian! I may not have seen a full trailer, but I'm already hooked.

Now I completely understand all your concerns about Disney tanking with this risky gamble, or with the lineup being not what you expected, but in my opinion, if your a true Disney Fan, we should be grateful this is even happening.

Expect more opinions on this service soon.

Tank Man

Fox’s family-friendly content will be on D+
all Simpsons episodes​
  • Malcolm in the Middle
  • Sound of Music / Hello Dolly
  • new Fox content
    • because of an existing contract with HBO, new family-friendly Fox fare goes through HBO first until 2022
[/QUOTE]
Did you hear about the confirmed fox remakes for Disney+? Recently Disney confirmed remakes for Home Alone, Cheaper by the Dozen, Night at the Museum and Diary of a Wimpy Kid as a TV show for Disney+ in a few years.

disneyforever101396

Fox’s family-friendly content will be on D+
all Simpsons episodes​

• Malcolm in the Middle
  • Sound of Music / Hello Dolly
  • new Fox content
    • because of an existing contract with HBO, new family-friendly Fox fare goes through HBO first until 2022
Did you hear about the confirmed fox remakes for Disney+? Recently Disney confirmed remakes for Home Alone, Cheaper by the Dozen, Night at the Museum and Diary of a Wimpy Kid as a TV show for Disney+ in a few years.

[/QUOTE]
I don’t mind it. It doesn’t really matter because like I said, I’m already subscribing to this service.

Tank Man

I don’t mind it. It doesn’t really matter because like I said, I’m already subscribing to this service.
[/QUOTE]
I was hooked from the start. I really want to see this Fox IP’s and can’t wait except for DoaWK as it sucks
Edit: They are ok stories, but they don’t feel like Disney (books) and are a bit obnoxious. If they do what Fox did and atleast scale it down then I will be pleased

Last edited:

disneyforever101396

I was able to see a real walkthrough of the app, and luckily it was five minutes long, which is more than enough. I would share with you the link, but they'll probably remove it due to copyright laws.

Anyway, can't wait to get a sneak preview due to my D23 membership.

Indy_UK

Uh oh, no U.K. announcement. We certainly have a licensing issue over here then. Most likely with SKY (now owned by Comcast)

I’m not worried as I’m going to VPN it and get the bundle with Hulu and ESPN

Disney Analyst

Uh oh, no U.K. announcement. We certainly have a licensing issue over here then. Most likely with SKY (now owned by Comcast)

I’m not worried as I’m going to VPN it and get the bundle with Hulu and ESPN

I believe UK is early 2020. Like March or so.

I'm curious if Canada will even be the full thing or missing titles. Definitely no ESPN or Hulu for us.

Darkprime

Random ? But does anyone think Disney might delay the digital release of Lion King so it can launch on Disney+ as the 1st place its streaming? Films typically release on digital 3 months after release. This would put Lion King's normal digital release around late October however with the Disney plus launch a few weeks later would it make more sense to keep the movie in theaters a bit longer and delay the traditional Digital release so that it launches along side Disney+ with Disney hoping more people sign up to Disney+ vs buying on youtube or google play to stream Lion King?

Cosmic Commando

Random ? But does anyone think Disney might delay the digital release of Lion King so it can launch on Disney+ as the 1st place its streaming? Films typically release on digital 3 months after release. This would put Lion King's normal digital release around late October however with the Disney plus launch a few weeks later would it make more sense to keep the movie in theaters a bit longer and delay the traditional Digital release so that it launches along side Disney+ with Disney hoping more people sign up to Disney+ vs buying on youtube or google play to stream Lion King?
The recent Disney movies that went to Netflix appeared there ~7 months after release; that will probably be what we get here. Captain Marvel was announced as a launch title, but not Endgame (Infinity War appeared on Netflix for Christmas last year). Lion King probably won’t be on Disney+ until February next year.

Indy_UK

I believe UK is early 2020. Like March or so.

I'm curious if Canada will even be the full thing or missing titles. Definitely no ESPN or Hulu for us.

I'm not worried as I'm going to VPN the lot. Already have Hulu and I'll take ESPN for free essentially

I'm even scheduling my work days off that week to be the 12th and 13th so I can really delve into it.

I'm so pumped for the Madalorian

Tank Man

The recent Disney movies that went to Netflix appeared there ~7 months after release; that will probably be what we get here. Captain Marvel was announced as a launch title, but not Endgame (Infinity War appeared on Netflix for Christmas last year). Lion King probably won’t be on Disney+ until February next year.
Endgame is confirmed for December.

brb1006

fr-jpg.401077

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom