Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Indy_UK

Disney+ is now releasing a week early in most of Europe including UK. Will now release on 24th March.

Just to add to my original post, there’s more whispers regarding the U.K. launch.

Where most of Disney’s content was going to leave SKY because their contract was set to end at the end of March, apparently both Disney and SKY ( Comcast ) are about to announce a future partnership.

It seems that SKY Q will be the exclusive home for Disney+ when it comes to TV platforms. It’s expected to appear on every other device as usual but it shuts outs SKYs competitors Virgin and BT.

Makes a lot of sense. SKY did the same with Netflix which has proved popular. Could also give hints when it comes to the U.K. launch of Hulu?

SKY has 12.5 million U.K. customers so for Disney could be a big push on subscriptions. I got Netflix 4K through SKY for like £3 a month so hopefully I could get the same for Disney+

brb1006

Well that was just an uncanny guess o_O:oops:

Nah it’s mostly Star Wars content that I have zero interest in watching (like LEGO Star Wars), The Simpsons Movie, Mickey shorts and Silly Symphonies.

In other news, I’ve watched 2 1/3 episodes of the Imagineering Story, and I already want more Epcot content.
But I enjoyed seeing the Silly Symphonies shorts and old Mickey cartoons.

brb1006

Oh I do too! I just have no interest in LEGO Star Wars lol
Thanks for explaining, I'm just waiting until "So Dear To My Heart" (that lamb is adorable in the film) and "Elmer The Elephant" (Tillie Tiger) finally hits Disney+ in the future. At least "101 Dalmatians Street" is finally arriving next month. The song from "So Dear To My Heart" is a very underrated Disney song btw.

brb1006

@brb1006 Until last weekend, I’d never seen seen 3 Little Pigs! I grew up listening to it on a Disney CD, but this was the first time watching it. Looking forward to watching the other shorts.
Just hope they add more of Disney's older cartoons (especially the Disney Oswald cartoons). Especially since I own both volumes of Mickey Mouse cartoons (two for the black and white era, and both for the colored era) from "The Walt Disney Treasures" collection.

brb1006

Since Disney+ just recently gave The Simpsons it's own dedicated "collection/section". I hope they might give Oswald his own section in the future. Especially since some of Oswald's own cartoons (Poor Papa for example) just got recently rediscovered. After all, he is getting his own Disney+ series.

NateD1226

NateD1226

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom