Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Princess Leia

Some really interesting casting choices. I really like Pedro Pascal and Giancarlo Esposito, they are great choices. Carl Weathers and Nick Nolte are not names I would have expected.

"Pedro Pascal (Narcos) has been cast in the title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy. He is joined by Gina Carano (Deadpool), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), Carl Weathers (Predator), Omid Abtahi (American Gods), Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), and Nick Nolte (Affliction)."
Werner Herzog is another name I was not expecting to be attached to this.

Pedro Pascal is a great choice to lead this.

erasure fan1

Has anyone heard of a firm date or beta testing?
It seems like Iger is going to focus on Disney+ on the next investor call on April 11th. From what I've read, that's when they will show off the sevice for the first time. So I would bet we get more solid details like price, release dates, content... I would bet that is when we see the first footage from the Mandalorian.

Indy_UK

I really hope it's a super easy interface like Hulu and it's separated by its categories (Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm and Nat Geo)

A theme park section with live streams of the parks, parades, D23 events etc would be my dream, but I can't see them doing that.

On the Nat Geo stuff, in the U.K. The Nat Geo TV channel has a lot of World War content and programs. I can only assume a lot of that type of stuff will be shunted for this service and Disney will use it to focus more on Nature?

erasure fan1

I really hope it's a super easy interface like Hulu and it's separated by its categories (Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm and Nat Geo)
Disney has said it will be set up this way with categories. Of course that was a while ago so things could change. Of course I think it will be a work in progress for a while until they have all the content up. Things like star wars they can't have everything up until the contracts for the originals runs out in 2024 I think. So I hope they don't have one interface but something more user defined. Let me pick what and how I want to see content.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom