• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disney's Streaming Service: Disney+

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's been announced in the 4th Q 2018 conference that the new OTT (over the top) streaming service is going to be called: Disney+

Preview page: https://preview.disneyplus.com/

Which should be no surprise since Disney throws the plus sign on all things internet and hi-tech connectedness (FastPass+) much like Apple uses the 'i-' prefix.

In addition to the already announced Star Wars live series featuring Mandalor, there will be a second live series the next year that "will follow the adventures of Rebel spy Cassian Andor during the formative years of the Rebellion and prior to the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story."

Also previously announced is:

Made-for-Streaming-Movies
  • Magic Camp
  • Noelle
  • Timmy Failure
  • Lady and the Tramp
  • Stargirl
  • Togo
  • 3 Men and a Baby
  • Don Quixote
  • Father of the Bride
  • Flora & Ulysses
  • Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
  • The Paper Magician
  • The Parent Trap
  • Peter Pan
  • The Sword in the Stone

Series..
  • High Fidelity
  • High School Musical: The Musical
  • Ink & Paint
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars (season 7)]
  • The Mandalorian
  • Untitled ABC Studios docuseries
  • Untitled live-action Falcon and Winter Soldier limited series from Marvel Studios
  • Untitled live-action Loki limited series from Marvel Studios
  • Untitled live-action Marvel Television series
  • Untitled live-action Scarlet Witch limited series from Marvel Studios
  • Untitled Rogue One prequel series
  • Untitled Mighty Ducks series
  • Untitled Monsters, Inc. series
  • Untitled Muppets series

tk924

Well there has been no mention of K2 so far but all I can say is, another missed opportunity if he isn't a major part of this.
Agreed. It'd be nice if they could also get Gareth Edwards back to direct the series. Otherwise, this series may lose it's OT SW feel.
My expectations are really low at this point as I've lost faith in Disney being able to produce good Star Wars (R1 being the exception).

Im very ho-hum on all the new stuff thats announced. What is really going to sell me and lots of other parents on this service is if they include the old shorts in this service. I want to watch Donald Duck when he was angry and always tearing things apart because of Chip and Dale. I want to see Fantasia. You know, all the material they NEVER show on any of the 3-4 Disney channels on cable these days.

Im very ho-hum on all the new stuff thats announced. What is really going to sell me and lots of other parents on this service is if they include the old shorts in this service. I want to watch Donald Duck when he was angry and always tearing things apart because of Chip and Dale. I want to see Fantasia. You know, all the material they NEVER show on any of the 3-4 Disney channels on cable these days.
I agree about the old shorts! Have you looked for those on YouTube or other video services.

Top Bottom