Disney's RetroCOT (update on pg. 7)

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
03MICKEY-steamboat-willie-articleLarge.jpg

mouse-memoirs.png

Disney will eventually need a 5th gate and I think there is no better idea than one that encompasses themes Walt felt very strongly about, The Past and America. Together they make a perfect sister park for Epcot, which is of course about The Future and The World.

The following is my ideas I’ve thought up for RetroCOT. And I’ll add even more in the weeks and months to come. Disney’s RetroCOT stands for “Retrospective Community of Time” and would consist of two separate sections. It’s similar to Epcot in many ways, but also different in many ways. RetroCOT would present Disney with plenty of ideas to work with. Many of which are right under their noses with their animation and production company.

s-l1600.jpg

In the center of the park would be an enormous Hourglass in an even bigger fountain. This would be the main icon and weenie of the park. The water doesn’t end there either, there would also be waterways throughout the whole rest of the front section of the park. As for the two sections first up will be...

mickey through the years.jpg

Pastworld (or Pastport)

Similar to the former Future World, which was located in the front of the park and keeping with Epcot’s current layout for this section. It would consist of 6 buildings (3 on each side) and 1 central building, which would contain it’s Spaceship Earth equivalent.

Connecting each of the pavilions will be timetunnels. So you will not have to walk outside during hot or inclement times of the day or year.

LWOM498760.jpg

World of Motion

The main attraction, located in back of the fountain and in the center of the park would be “World of Motion”.

The other buildings, on the left and right meanwhile would be themed to the 40’s – 90’s. Kind of like a park version of the value resort Pop Century.

spp08277.JPG.jpg

America Showcase

Similar to World Showcase, but it would consist of various states, cities and regions instead of countries. 13 pavilions in all to represent the number-wise 13 original colonies of the United States. Stay tuned for further updates on this section.

Last edited:

Rambozo

They would definitely have to put Disney in the name because the name retrocot is being used by someone else. Disney could just take care of the guy that owns it though “quotation marks”. You know get him a going away present “quotation marks”.

…. I’m saying kill him. *

* Keep your hair on. It’s just a joke, don’t reply to me saying “That’s not funny, they probably have a family and perhaps an overfed dog.”

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Lol, this the main reason why I put “Disney’s” and a capitalize COT in the title. Plus how is that guy going to sue Disney when he’s basically using Epcot’s name for profit?

Last edited:

Goofy Ninja

This sounds like a combination of Disney’s America and Westcot. But thankfully with less edutainment crap. I don’t have to learn tinks I’s gots enuf 2 gits bi.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
… Like Disney always says ideas are never completely dead. They reused plans before like with Discoveryland in Disneyland Paris, which was originally Discovery Bay.

discovery-bay-hyperion-700x350.jpg

DSC_0156.JPG

Last edited:

The Lochness Monsta

It would will be interesting to see what America showcase would be made up of because there’s so many possibilities. Sam Eagle would definitely be in heaven.

As long as it doesn’t look like my neighbors front lawn with random car parts and goofy lawn ornaments. They look like the Bumpuses from a Christmas Story. Based on their front law, who knows what they have actually living inside their rundown shack.

itsy bitsy spider

It would will be interesting to see what America showcase would be made up of because there’s so many possibilities. Sam Eagle would definitely be in heaven.

As long as it doesn’t look like my neighbors front lawn with random car parts and goofy lawn ornaments. They look like the Bumpuses from a Christmas Story. Based on their front law, who knows what they have actually living inside their rundown shack.

Is Dat u neighbor? I don’t tinks you have nuff on your front lawn.

The point is to have so many doohickeys, whatchamacallits and thingamajigs that you can’t see the grass underneath.

Frankenstein79

yeah, I could sit at the Sunshine Seasons for an hour and it just eat treats. I can only imagine what time specific buildings would look like.

The Great Gonzo

I love studying the past so it could actually be fun and educational to learn about about it. Like a history class you don’t want to fall asleep during.

Rambozo

I would love to see a park that showcases the different American cities. There are so many possibilities. Especially when it comes to food like Beignets, BBQ and Clam Chowder.

Geez, luckily I have a gym membership or I’d have to eventually be forklifted out of my own home.

Goofy Ninja

The food festivals could be great.

I’m drooling all over myself just thinking about it. It’s a good thing I post while completely naked.. nothing on. … Don’t worry I’m pretty hairy … like a bear so I’m hardly ever cold.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
The food is probably better at an American one. I usually find the food a little weird at times at the international ones. Plus the American food tastes like it has more freedom in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom