Disney's RetroCOT (update on pg. 7)

Rambozo

Oh yeah that sounds great for the whole family.

"Catch the beads from that topless woman Billy. Her father must be so proud.”

PrinceCharming617

The St Louis icon would be pretty cool, but Walt could easily be represented in the 2 bookend pavilions.

1200px-St_Louis_night_expblend_cropped.jpg

Frankenstein79

I can understand why it was left off though. Missouri isn’t as iconic as some of the other regions. Maybe they could have it at a food festival though. That would be cool.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
1*Um4bfE_DatV6K8sKJgbNDg.jpeg

mickey-m-tfb.png
mouse-memoirs.png
kg-defying-gravity.png
mickey-m-tfb.png

The front section of the park will be about not only the past, but Disney’s past. The six buildings in this section will showcase each of it’s decades elaborately with various rides, stores and restaurants. Attention to detail is important because I want people to feel like they are in the time period. The stores, restaurants and even restrooms will look like the corresponding decade.

53179128eab8eadb62ecf101-960-7201.jpg

Inventions

The World of Motion’s store would be called “Inventions” and include inventions as it’s decor. Ones created during the decades not represented in the other 6 pavilions (00’s – 30’s). And it would also have Disney merchandise themed to those years as well (featuring Walt, Classic Mickey, Oswald, Snow White, etc.). Anything that Walt Disney was involved in creating during that time period.

40 – 90’s

The 6 decades showcased are each located in their own separate buildings. The layout is similar to “The Land” building’s current layout in Epcot. But with added time tunnels that connect each of the pavilions.

Each building is themed to their corresponding decade, even when it comes to the cast members costumes and background music. Plus the attractions, stores and restaurants will coincide with that specific decade as well.

Last edited:

Rambozo

Yeah, I concur Boogie Buddy. The century idea is something pop century never fully completed. Because they abandoned "the Legendary Years" idea in favor of "Art of Animation".

I can understand why though. What kid would choose 1900’s to 1910’s over a Pixar Cars section? "Over here is the world's biggest sewing machine kids!"

itsy bitsy spider

Definitely have to have the "Multiplane Camera", which Walt Disney Studios came up with. I don't know how it works exactly, but it was very innovative.

330px-Disney_1937_multiplane_camera.jpg
330px-Sketch_of_a_Multiplane_camera_with_motorized_movements.gif

Goofy Ninja

Brilliant! You should be an imagineer with your ideas. I love the idea of representing all 100 years of the 20th century. Because Disney really was a big part of what made it so great.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Brilliant! You should be an imagineer with your ideas. I love the idea of representing all 100 years of the 20th century. Because Disney really was a big part of what made it so great.

Thanks, that would be a pretty cool job. But I think you need to know somebody to get that sweet gig.

As for the decades, the 20th Century was awesome. It seems like each decade was so different from one another. Unlike the 21st Century where everything feels the same.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
40's.png

laconica-regular.png

This was the decade when the Disney Company really hit it’s stride. Churning out classic after classic. Which really put the company on a higher standard for animation than any other one.

3583284499_1023aeb46e_b.jpg

The exterior of the pavilion will be reminiscent of an old World War II submarine. It will be green much like the Statue of Liberty in New York City. With rivets throughout like the example shown above for the submarine in the attraction “American Adventure”.

The interior of the pavilion will be reminiscent of the gangster and detective era of films starring such stars as Humphrey Bogart. Some of which were prevalent on the now defunct “Great Movie Ride”. The male castmembers will be required to wear a fedora, dress shirt and pants and ladies have the option to wear a slew of 40’s style dresses.

f9c0b8_3404aca6a61b447ab1d5a77441310fb0~mv2.jpg

Pinocchio
----- (boat ride, similar to pirates of the caribbean)
----- (the ride plays out just like the movie, ending with an escape from within the belly of Monstro. with songs and scenes that show that pinocchio is much too trusting at first. it takes time, but he eventually learns about life and what it’s like to be a real boy)

bambi-fi.jpg

Bambi
----- (dark ride, similar to snow white’s enchanted wish)
----- (the young deer gets his own attraction, along with flower and thumper and all of their forest friends. even though it is a powerful and important scene the death of bambi’s mother would be omitted and it will focus more on his happier times)

toad.jpg

Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
----- (dark ride, clone of the disneyland version)
----- (the classic magic kingdom dark ride is back. with new enhancements like dl’s newer versions of their classic dark rides. there also will be plenty of merchandise in the nearby shop for our favorite drunk amphibian)

Last edited:

The Lochness Monsta

Bambi
----- (the young deer gets his own attraction, along with flower and thumper and all of their forest friends. even though it is a powerful and important scene the death of bambi’s mother would be omitted and it will focus more on his happier times)

Interesting idea, Bambi doesn't seem to get much love. When it comes to attractions and merchandise. This ride would be a good option for Animal Kingdom as well. If you wanted to have a forest animal section.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
deg4085-796b205f-b51e-41b4-87dd-c796d76e5a21.jpg

laconica-regular.png

This was the decade when the Disney Company really hit it’s stride. Churning out classic after classic. Which really put the company on a higher standard for animation than any other one.

3583284499_1023aeb46e_b.jpg

The exterior of the pavilion will be reminiscent of an old World War II submarine. It will be green much like the Statue of Liberty in New York City. With rivets throughout like the example shown above for the submarine in the attraction “American Adventure”.

The interior of the pavilion will be reminiscent of the gangster and detective era of films starring such stars as Humphrey Bogart. Some of which were prevalent on the now defunct “Great Movie Ride”. The male castmembers will be required to wear a fedora, dress shirt and pants and ladies have the option to wear a slew of 40’s style dresses.

f9c0b8_3404aca6a61b447ab1d5a77441310fb0~mv2.jpg

Pinocchio
----- (boat ride, similar to pirates of the caribbean)
----- (the ride plays out just like the movie, ending with an escape from within the belly of Monstro. with songs and scenes that show that pinocchio is much too trusting at first. it takes time before he can learn about life and what it’s like to be a real boy)

bambi-fi.jpg

Bambi

toad.jpg

Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
----- (dark ride, clone of the disneyland version)
----- (the classic magic kingdom dark ride is back. with new enhancements like dl’s newer versions of their classic dark rides. there also will be plenty of merchandise in the nearby shop for our favorite drunk amphibian)
I can't wait for the 1980s. Hopefully it will be a Roger Rabbit attraction called Toontown Transit, a simulator ride which got scrapped for Disney-MGM Studios. Also Who Framed Roger Rabbit takes place in 1940s Hollywoodland.

oogie boogie man

Bambi could be a good attraction. You might have to not show some parts of it though. For the sensitive kids... and adults.

Unless of course you want to introduce them to venison. Disney used to loved to kill parents in their movies. Uhhhh the goood old days.

Goofy Ninja

The characters in bambi are so… adorable. Which is a word I don’t use very often. Too bad skunks aren’t as cute in real life as Flower. I definitely wouldn’t want to hug one.

Snow Queen 83

It could easily be made into dark ride form. I instantly thought of snow white’s scary adventure and winnie the pooh. There really is some major untapped films in the vault.

The Great Gonzo

The great thing about Bambi is it sells itself. Half of the store for it could be made up of stuffed animals. You could even have a Flower one that smells like a skunk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom