Disney's RetroCOT (update on pg. 7)

Frankenstein79

Bambi is a tough one to place in Disney World. Because Animal Kingdom, though it has animals seems to focus on other countries, mostly Africa.

The alternative is Magic Kingdom, where the most likely place is Fantasyland. But much like Ak it wouldn't fit perfectly either. Because Fantasyland seems to focus mostly on princesses and human stories.

... So Retro is actually a perfect place for it.

Last edited:

itsy bitsy spider

I can't believe I'm going to make this comparison... but the movie "Bambi" is kinda like the movie "Full Metal Jacket". The beginning is awesome, the best part, the story is better and the characters are interesting.

After that "Bambi" the movie kinda jumps the shark.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
I can't believe I'm going to make this comparison... but the movie "Bambi" is kinda like the movie "Full Metal Jacket". The beginning is awesome, the best part, the story is better and the characters are interesting.

After that "Bambi" the movie kinda jumps the shark.

I agree, it kinda goes down hill when they grow up. But it does show their complete life story very well and what they've learned along the way.

It would be interesting to see a Bambi version of "Full Metal Jacket" though. Especially the scenes with the drill sergeant (the guy from Toy Story) and the fat soldier. As an added bonus The 2 Live Crew song "Me so" fits in both films rather nicely.

oogie boogie man

Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
----- (dark ride, clone of the disneyland version)
----- (the classic magic kingdom dark ride is back. with new enhancements like dl’s newer versions of their classic dark rides. there also will be plenty of merchandise in the nearby shop for our favorite drunk amphibian)

I can't believe Disneyland still has Mr. Toad, but us eastcoasters don't. And what makes matters worse is they show Mr. Toad every once in a while in Florida, just to tease us. I'm pouring out some booze for you Thaddeus, you will be remembered.

Back in the old days Disney seemed to bend over backwards for California. Because it is more of a locals park. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore though. Things have definitely changed, they want to overcharge and screw everybody now. Their new motto is "We want money. If you can't give it to us someone else will."

The Lochness Monsta

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Magic Kingdom had the better of the two Mr. Toads. So it was even more of a bad move to take him away.

I get what they were thinking though. Disney wanted to go with something they perceived was more marketable. And Winnie the Pooh is definitely more known and marketable.

Snow Queen 83

I know I’ll sound like a spoiled brat. But I want both, they’ve got plenty of space. Disney could have put him somewhere else. They ended up doubling the size of Fantasyland later on anyway and took away my beloved Snow White as well.

Goofy Ninja

I agree, with Lochie, the main reason Mr. Toad got tossed into the toilet is because of money. But I think Disney underestimates the worth of nostalgia. Look at what Universal earns on E.T., Back to the Future and Jaws merchandise.

PrinceCharming617

Yeah, that would be totally awesome. I'd love to see Computer Animated movies of all the rides. Pirates and Haunted Mansion would be instant classics if done right.

Rambozo

Mr. Toad should be arrested and thrown in jail. What if he would have hit someone with his car? The drunkard probably would of took off afterwards like alcoholics usually do.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
50's.png

mouse-memoirs.png

This was the decade when the Disney Company really hit it’s stride. Churning out classic after classic. Which really put the company on a higher standard for animation than any other one.

1959-Cadillac-Eldorado-Biarritz-convertible-Elvis-Presleys-Cadillac.jpg

The exterior of the pavilion will be reminiscent of an old light blue Cadillac.

The interior of the pavilion will be reminiscent of an old fashioned diner with a jukebox. Overhead speakers will play 50’s music with an excitable DJ introducing a rotation of songs on the hour.

50s_Prime_Time_Cafe.jpg
50s-primetime-cafe-hollywood-studios-wdw.jpg
1481662920527.jpeg

50’s primetime Cafe
----- (relocated from disney’s hollywood studios)
----- (I plan to use the land at the other park for something else. So I decided to bring the restaurant over to a pavilion themed to the classic decade. As an added bonus diners would get much more space at the newly expanded version)

Alice in Wonderland.jpg

Alice in Wonderland
----- (trackless ride, similar to runaway railway)
----- (Just like the classic movie this ride would take you down the rabbit hole to a whole new wondrous world)

sleeping beauty.jpg

Sleeping Beauty
----- (dark ride, similar to snow white’s scary adventure)
----- (This ride will not hold back, it will be just as dark and just as scary as the animated film. If the mambie pambies and babies don’t like it... they don't have go on it. There would be warnings outside to ward them off from entering. There would be a similar dragon animatronic of the one in Paris, beneath the castle.)

lady and the tramp.jpg

Lady and the Tramp
----- (dark ride, similar to other dark rides)
----- (A romantic attraction which features classic moments from the film like the spaghetti eating scene.)

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
60's.png

bellbottomlaser.png

60's 1.jpg

101 Dalmatians
----- (dark ride, similar to mr. toads wild ride)
----- (See the film through the eyes of the head of the Dalmatian family, Pongo and Perdita. As they watch after their troop of 99 puppies.)

60's 2.jpg

Sword in the Stone
----- (rail-suspended boat hybrid, similar to the canceled zelda ride)
----- (I figured sword has many scenes where the main characters shapeshift into different animals. So the visitors should be able to experience what they experience as a fish, a squirrel in a tree, etc.)

K7JN64XA6JZNUWEYJW7I6TPW7U.jpg
the-jungle-book-1967-disney-animation.jpg

Jungle Book
----- (stage show, similar to country bear jamboree)
----- (There’s so many great songs in the animated movie, that any attraction made for it would have to showcase it. Including this one which would be like Country Bears, but with a Jungle setting.)

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
70's.png

gvtime-regular.png

aristocats.png

The Aristocats
----- (This film doesn’t get much love, so I figured it would be cool if it too got it’s own ride. I would include all of the classic music even the controversial ones.)

rh.png

Robin Hood
----- (inverted coaster, similar to arthur in europa)
----- (This was one of my favorite movies growing up. It’s got some great country music in it… even though it takes place in England.)

pooh.png

Winnie the Pooh
----- (dark ride, relocated from magic kingdom)
----- (I feel like it would be better theming wise for Fantasyland to send it over to retrocot. For both parks involved. For some reason i never felt like Winnie belonged in Fantasyland. I think it’s because it has an animal as the main character.)

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 646235

gvtime-regular.png

View attachment 646233

The Aristocats
----- (This film doesn’t get much love, so I figured it would be cool if it too got it’s own ride. I would include all of the classic music even the controversial ones.)

View attachment 646232

Robin Hood
----- (inverted coaster, similar to arthur in europa)
----- (This was one of my favorite movies growing up. It’s got some great country music in it… even though it takes place in England.)

View attachment 646234

Winnie the Pooh
----- (dark ride, relocated from magic kingdom)
----- (I feel like it would be better theming wise for Fantasyland to send it over to retrocot. For both parks involved. For some reason i never felt like Winnie belonged in Fantasyland. I think it’s because it has an animal as the main character.)
As we get to 80s, I can see Roger Rabbit simulator ride which Gus the Bus will take the guests to take a tour to Toontown,
even he has to get pass from the traffic in Hollywood first.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
80's.png

games.png

arcade 2.png
arcade 3.png
arcade 1.png

Starcade
----- (quick service, similar in layout to Sunshine Seasons)
----- (This restaurant looks like a mall food court + arcade. Kinda like the ones you see in 80’s movies and the Netflix show Stranger Things)

1st walkup - Hot Dogs, Corn Dogs, Cheese on a Stick​
2nd walkup - Chinese food​
3rd walkup - Pizza, Pretzel Bites (w/ cinnamon sugar and icing)​

80’s Tube Time Cafe
----- (table service, similar to it’s sister restaurant 50’s prime time)
----- (This restaurant really takes you back. Because it looks like a 1980’s living room, with all the things you would come to expect from it. Like a VCR, Nintendo, etc. The characters from the S.M.C. ride would make appearances at the tables for the guests)

rr 3.png

Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin!
----- (location: 1st floor, on the left)
----- (dark ride, similar to Disneyland’s version, but with more scenes showing the residents of Toontown. Much like they did in various cityscape scenes for Runaway Railway.)

o and c.png

Oliver and Company
----- (location: 2nd floor, on the left)
----- (dark ride, similar to secret lives of pets, featuring the hits songs from the film by 80’s icon Billy Joel. You would get to see the characters on the streets and in their homes.)

bc.png

The Black Cauldron
----- (location: 1st floor, on the right)
----- (rollercoaster, similar to revenge of the mummy. This ride is probably not suitable for children. To tell you the truth the movie probably wasn’t either) **

ducktales.png

The 80’s Saturday Morning Cartoon ride
----- (location: 2nd floor, on the right)
----- (dark ride, similar to other dark rides, but with 80’s theme songs from the following Saturday Morning Toons. All of which began in the 80’s and were a big part of many people’s childhoods. It was the true golden era of animation on television.)

- featuring -

Muppet Babies
Wuzzles
Gummi Bears
Duck Tales
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
90's.png

the-lamontrush.png

aladdin.png

Aladdin
----- (rail-suspended dark ride, similar to peter pan)
----- (Soar like Aladdin and Jasmine over Agrabah and the desert. And even venture through the cave of wonders in this wild 90's adventure, that is sure to delight.)

goofy movie.png

A Goofy Movie
----- (dark ride, similar to 80’s smc ride)
----- (If any Disney movie says it is from the 90's it’s this one. Especially with powerline, which is a mc hammer copy. I love the story of a Goofy father and his son reconnecting during an eventful road trip.)

hercules.png

Hercules
----- (dark ride, similar to little mermaid)
----- (Finally this animated movie gets an attraction. For some reason a lot of late 90’s movies get overlooked when it comes to attractions. Probably because they were going away from princesses towards the tail end.)

* Phase 2
** for Mature audiences

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
I figure the buildings would be shaped differently for Pastworld. This way they would look drastically different from one another. Much like Future World's layout and aesthetics are different, in part because of their themes.

40’s – Wartime Submarine
50’s – light blue Cadillac
60’s – a dome that look like it’s made out of beads with a large peace sign
70’s – Disco Ball
80’s – Rubik's Cube
90’s – Computer

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
colonial-mickey-mouse-4th-of-july-disney-dizradio.jpg

lms-star-spangled.png

Next up is America Showcase, which will celebrate… well America. Besides the permanent pavilions there would be permanent booths as well for other parts of this great country like St Louis, Kansas City and Memphis. Those parts of the U.S. that may not deserve a whole pavilion, but certainly a booth.

1 California (Santa Monica Beach and Pier, LA, San Francisco)
2 Las Vegas
3 Texas
4 Hawaii
5 Alaska
6 Seattle
7 Washington DC (Center)
8 Chicago
9 New York
10 New England
11 Philadelphia
12 New Orleans
13 Florida (Orlando, Miami, Everglades)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom