Disney's Reservation System Outage Dec 3-4, 2012

nepalostparks

Just an FYI for everyone, another "enhancement" coming to Disney's reservation system. Email sent to travel agents below:

Disney will perform a reservation‐system enhancement beginning at 5 p.m. Eastern time (2 p.m. Pacific) on Monday, December 3, 2012, and lasting until Tuesday afternoon, December 4, 2012. This enhancement will allow us to better assist you and your Clients in the future.

During this time, our systems will not be fully functional and we will not be able to process room‐only or vacation package reservations for the Walt Disney World® Resort by phone or online. This includes making new resort reservations, making modifications to existing Resort reservations, providing confirmations or taking payments.

We also will be unable to process reservations for dining, dinner shows, tours, recreation and children’s activity centers at the Walt Disney World Resort, as well as for Cirque du Soleil® La Nouba™, and Clients temporarily will be unable to access Disney’s Online Check‐In Service.

In addition, we will be unable to process room‐only or vacation package reservations for Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort, the Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort or Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.

If you have Clients who need to make a payment or modify their Disney reservation, please make every effort to complete these before 5 p.m. on December 3, 2012, or after our systems return to full operation. We expect to be back to full functionality on Tuesday afternoon, December 4, 2012, and will be glad to accommodate your requests at that time.

Innkeeper's Club

I wonder in a situation like this would WDW give extensions for those wanting to make a Bounce Back Reservation if they are scheduled to check-out on December 4th. I realize on December 3rd those guests could make a reservation before 5:00 PM and based on that WDW doesn't have to give them anything. However what if they haven't decided where they want to stay on their next trip or their dates don't work out and when they figure all that out their reservations systems are down.

Upvote 0

powlessfamily4

Grrrrrrrrr I am arriving on Dec. 4th with a team of managers for 4 days of business meetings and fun. They all think I am nuts for being such a fan of Disney. I was hoping to win at least a few of them over. I hope the check in process goes smooth!!!! :eek:

Upvote 0

Innkeeper's Club

Grrrrrrrrr I am arriving on Dec. 4th with a team of managers for 4 days of business meetings and fun. They all think I am nuts for being such a fan of Disney. I was hoping to win at least a few of them over. I hope the check in process goes smooth!!!! :eek:
Based on what that article says check-in won't be effected. Plus if you already have ADR's reserved those aren't effected.

Upvote 0

GoalieGirl16

Is there any indication that Weddings would be impacted? After waiting more that 6 months and through two policy changes I am supposed to be able to discuss bookings with an actual Planner. I am not trying to be a bridezilla here but I can't make any other plans until I know what our ceremony date will be.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom